1789 George Washington Inaugural Button

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Woo Hoo Finally.. Got out on sunday for what turned out to be an EPIC day...Fog and I headed to a spot we have been thinking about for quite a while...About one hour into the hunt I get a sweet tone and start to dig...I saw a round green disk in my hand and noticed it was a dandy button *shank missing* Flipped it over and knew right away it was a GW Inaugural button...I ran over the hill to tell Fog, I was so pumped. I have dug plenty of dandy buttons and always hoped I would get a GW...And it finally happened...I haven't even cleaned it yet but I don't want to ruin it...I was thinking I had the best find of the day locked up *beat a GW button seriously* ..Then Fog pulls a Major coin to steal my thunder lol....I couldn't be more happy with this button...Thanks for looking Brian W.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 581
Upvote 30

CanDiver

Sep 4, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280/Anderson Detector shaft modifications
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woo Hoo Finally.. Got out on sunday for what turned out to be an EPIC day...Fog and I headed to a spot we have been thinking about for quite a while...About one hour into the hunt I get a sweet tone and start to dig...I saw a round green disk in my hand and noticed it was a dandy button *shank missing* Flipped it over and knew right away it was a GW Inaugural button...I ran over the hill to tell Fog, I was so pumped. I have dug plenty of dandy buttons and always hoped I would get a GW...And it finally happened...I haven't even cleaned it yet but I don't want to ruin it...I was thinking I had the best find of the day locked up *beat a GW button seriously* ..Then Fog pulls a Major coin to steal my thunder lol....I couldn't be more happy with this button...Thanks for looking Brian W.

What a beauty!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such an amazing find, Congrats and I want one!!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great GW. So... What was that other coin that was found? I glanced through the thread and didn't see it posted..

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BEAUTIFUL button! Fantastic find!!! Congratulations on finding it and for making the BANNER!!! Way to go! :thumbsup: Breezie

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An amazing button find Brian! :hello2:
Wish we could all dig a button that special at least once in our lives!

Dave

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CONGRATS Bri! welcome to the GW club.awesome feeling ain't it? that variety was my 1st GW find too!

KristenS

Greenie
Aug 17, 2013
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a novice hunter, I get excited when I find a cool rock :) ....I can only imagine how you felt finding this!!! Awesome find for sure!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread