1789 George Washington Inaugural Button

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Woo Hoo Finally.. Got out on sunday for what turned out to be an EPIC day...Fog and I headed to a spot we have been thinking about for quite a while...About one hour into the hunt I get a sweet tone and start to dig...I saw a round green disk in my hand and noticed it was a dandy button *shank missing* Flipped it over and knew right away it was a GW Inaugural button...I ran over the hill to tell Fog, I was so pumped. I have dug plenty of dandy buttons and always hoped I would get a GW...And it finally happened...I haven't even cleaned it yet but I don't want to ruin it...I was thinking I had the best find of the day locked up *beat a GW button seriously* ..Then Fog pulls a Major coin to steal my thunder lol....I couldn't be more happy with this button...Thanks for looking Brian W.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 580
Upvote 30

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banners just keep popping up.. Everyone musta had a awesome digging weekend.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on a AWESOME find! That's on my wish list! Gotta love the fall temps!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure that these are automatic BANNER ! whenever they surface - If I'm mistaken please someone set me straight !!!

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow congrats! great find!

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ho Hum how boring ! LOL, Big Congrats, hard to believe that two great finds on same hunt, you both were winners on that hunt, but I think Fog has a tad more "braggin" rights. I have always considered the GW lettered buttons more deserving of accolades than the Eagle and Stars, after all, no doubt about this type representing a button honoring George!

Last edited:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don , Are all of these deserving of Banner ? I know there are quite a few varieties - Do we know how many GW buttons were originally made ?

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
CONGRATS on an AWESOME GW Button, and of course a BANNER find, my votes in :thumbsup:

Bubba65

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always wondered what would turn up in the dust after the Fog. :laughing7: Not bad at all.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don , Are all of these deserving of Banner ? I know there are quite a few varieties - Do we know how many GW buttons were originally made ?

Don't know the numbers, since all data is basically outdated and more being found all the time, as far as banner, well, a nice looking GW sure deserves it at least once, but as far as value goes a lot of finds far exceed a GW button and do not make it but historically the GW buttons win hands down. Really up to the Mods. I do prefer seeing the Buttons that actually have GW on it over the other types. But heck, I have never found one, and sure would love to find anyone of the varieties.......

The Fog

May 24, 2009
MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Great find Bri and it will look great amongst all of the other amazing things you have found. And just to add something to this post... When we set out to detect Sunday Bri said he would find a GW button, my response was I don't doubt it and I said I would find the usual shotgun shells, melted lead and pez dispenser springs. Bri then said that I would find something over the top. Bri the soothsayer.

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Hopefully only the first of several GW's for you ! I know the feeling of holding that find in your hand and realizing what you have! Congrats on an AWSOME find !!

VPR

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! And welcome to the GW Club! Hogge

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Bri and it will look great amongst all of the other amazing things you have found. And just to add something to this post... When we set out to detect Sunday Bri said he would find a GW button, my response was I don't doubt it and I said I would find the usual shotgun shells, melted lead and pez dispenser springs. Bri then said that I would find something over the top. Bri the soothsayer.
Nice Banner Finds, :o how about that , you both have been on T Net for many years ..... since 2006 :icon_scratch: never heard of The Fog before , probably an oversight on my part , hardly matters anyhow , what counts is nice double Banner find hunt :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Thanks for all your replies... And banner votes...It was a great feeling digging up a piece of history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread