🥇 BANNER My first C S buckle find

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Took my grandson out for a short while and found what I have longed for what seems like an eternity. image-3782594366.jpg image-3084307909.jpg Found in Jackson ms area. The tip of one hook is missing but still has a lot of the black enamel inlay still there. image-2702704993.jpg I actually found this sat morning but this is the first chance I have had to post it.GOD receives all the glory for my finding this. It is truly answered prayer for me.when I found it I was running around and jumping like a kid at recess until I noticed I had spectators at a nearby ball field paying more attention to me than the game they were seated at. Lol. I have a friend that said he is about to get me an article in the north south trader. That will be awesome. I won't get another chance to hunt this spot until I come home around Christmas. It will be on my mind night and day.

Last edited:
Upvote 36

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
What's taking so long to get this on top? Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing! DDinPA.

Too many banner finds this week. They already met the quota. Really makes no sense how one CS buckle makes the banner and another one the same week doesn't. Same thing happened with a GW button this week. Very inconsistent.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patience. Banners are based on rarity, votes, pictures, and what is currently on banner.

I can tell you it isn't out of the running for banner...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
DiggerDave in Pa. said:
What's taking so long to get this on top? Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing! DDinPA.
There should not be a quota. It's either worthy or not quite. The majority has already spoken on this. Try explaining quota stuff to your nine yr old grandson who is already hooked and has his own machine. Being computer savy as all young ones these days he is constantly wAtching to see when it makes the list. Do what is right. I am an adult and it is very discouraging to me even but do it for a young one that at this point still has faith that this site will do the right thing. Come on guys.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There should not be a quota. It's either worthy or not quite. The majority has already spoken on this. Try explaining quota stuff to your nine yr old grandson who is already hooked and has his own machine. Being computer savy as all young ones these days he is constantly wAtching to see when it makes the list. Do what is right. I am an adult and it is very discouraging to me even but do it for a young one that at this point still has faith that this site will do the right thing. Come on guys.

Excuse me but who is the majority? Banner is based on what I stated it was based on, no where did I say "quota". I do believe I mentioned patience..........

It has only been 4 days, some banners took 7-10+ to make the banner......

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea..That seems odd...I have noticed the "rules" change...Before you had to had to be on TNEt for awhile, or have enough posts...but then a few would slip in on the Banner with thier first post...Not to mention the time there was like 4 of the same type Gold coin up there..lol..Its all politics here my freind....No doubt you have a Banner Find..thats really all that matters

Congrats Again my freind!

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse me but who is the majority? Banner is based on what I stated it was based on, no where did I say "quota". I do believe I mentioned patience..........

It has only been 4 days, some banners took 7-10+ to make the banner......

What do you mean by "Excuse me but who is the majority?"...Im not being a smart ass..But what does that mean?..That you are a Moderator? So you are the Majority? Sorry Im just confused from that comment

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you mean by "Excuse me but who is the majority?"...Im not being a smart ass..But what does that mean?..That you are a Moderator? So you are the Majority? Sorry Im just confused from that comment

Do not insult us, IT IS NOT POLITICS.

It was said majority had chosen, I asked who the majority was....

Posting banner in thread means nothing if they don't hit report post icon and nominate it.

I also stated it had only been 4 days, some finds took 7-10+ days to make it on banner.

Attacking us isn't the way to get a find on the banner, and for what it is worth it got my vote already.....

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just wondering why this CS buckle was not on the Banner scroll yet, NOW I am learning some reasons why it not there YET. It,s a BANNER to me as well , WAY TO GO!!!!! Davers

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not insult us, IT IS NOT POLITICS.

It was said majority had chosen, I asked who the majority was....

Posting banner in thread means nothing if they don't hit report post icon and nominate it.

I also stated it had only been 4 days, some finds took 7-10+ days to make it on banner.

Attacking us isn't the way to get a find on the banner, and for what it is worth it got my vote already.....

Ok..Im done now

Insult You???..HAHAHAHA. Im very Sorry, I didnt reliaze your sensitivity to this matter.

And I just simply made a comment to the OP..Not about YOU, didnt expect you to take it personal. And thank you for clafiying what you meant by "Majority" :occasion14:

Also about your time frame...It appears that the last Banner find was from 4 days ago....

Sorry..Im done fighting now

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insult You???..HAHAHAHA. Im very Sorry, I didnt reliaze your sensitivity to this matter.

And I just simply made a comment to the OP..Not about YOU, didnt expect you to take it personal. And thank you for clafiying what you meant by "Majority" :occasion14:

Also about your time frame...It appears that the last Banner find was from 4 days ago....

I did not say you insulted me, you insulted TN and all mods by saying the reason it hadn't made banner was politics. There is no "click' that makes banner, any member can make banner under the proper conditions....

Someone registers and immediately reports a banner find then yes it may not make banner because it may have been found before they were a member which does not qualify...

It also has nothing to with the time from last banner find, I said it had only been 4 days since the find was posted on the forum.

Many times members will say banner in the thread, but not hit the report icon to report it for banner, saying banner in thread does not count if it isn't reported.

Find has not received enough votes to make banner, that is why I said "patience'....... It is also why some finds make banner 7-10 or more days after they were found...

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on an awesome and very rare find! You got my Banner vote.

Frank

P.S. I hope you get the Banner but in the meantime, below is his' alter ego!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted Early just to stop the Crying :(

But no more CS buckles for a Year :tongue3:
They are no longer rare

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up in the upper right hand corner of each post is a red button that says "Nominate For Banner" or something in those words, maybe "Banner Nomination". I don't know what the actual words are, cause the moderators do not have those wording there...for us it says "Create Banner". If you feel a found object is banner worthy, then this is what you click on to nominate it to the banner. You writing in a post, "I'm nominating for banner", "banner worthy", or whatever you want to say is not what counts. It's the number of reports that are actually counted.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/help/365420-banners.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread