🥇 BANNER My first C S buckle find

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Took my grandson out for a short while and found what I have longed for what seems like an eternity. image-3782594366.jpg image-3084307909.jpg Found in Jackson ms area. The tip of one hook is missing but still has a lot of the black enamel inlay still there. image-2702704993.jpg I actually found this sat morning but this is the first chance I have had to post it.GOD receives all the glory for my finding this. It is truly answered prayer for me.when I found it I was running around and jumping like a kid at recess until I noticed I had spectators at a nearby ball field paying more attention to me than the game they were seated at. Lol. I have a friend that said he is about to get me an article in the north south trader. That will be awesome. I won't get another chance to hunt this spot until I come home around Christmas. It will be on my mind night and day.

Last edited:
Upvote 36

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey! I found one too! Oh wait, that's tomorrow. Dang it.

Seriously though . . . WOW. Unreal that two were found in such close time proximity!

CC Hunter

Aug 7, 2004
Timbuktu
Detector(s) used
Magnet on a Stick
Nice One!!! :occasion14:

The face is very stunning with the traces of black enamel nicely highlighting the lettering.

Any other relics found along with this nice CS Buckle? Amazing to see another of these rare beauties surface!

Looks BANNER WORTHY to me! :icon_thumright:

CC Hunter

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super nice belt plate! Congratulations! :icon_thumright:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Fall is here on the T-net. Both great coins and relics being posted.

Surely there is not a 1 quota for CS buckles on the banner.

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for your reference on this Army Of Tennessee CS buckle you have - here is a photo from "American Military Buckles & Plates" by Kerksis

also to note these buckles are only found in like Georgia,MS, Tenn, Kentucky and far western Virginia... The Army Of Tennessee operated between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River.

Attachments

• P9140007.JPG
    P9140007.JPG
    418.2 KB · Views: 248
  • P9140008.JPG
    P9140008.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another find of a lifetime! What the heck is going on here! Can't believe 2 of these on Tn, and found on the same weekend. Awsome find!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I don't see why there can not be two CS plates up top.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well now I need to get me one since Im in Tennessee too! Congratulations.:hello:

OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks to all you guys. I was sooo excited when it popped out. I actually thought it was a half dollar. I found a dropped 69 cal Minnie about five ft from it first and honestly when the buckle came out we left. It is a pretty trashy area. I need to get a smaller coil to go back and work it

Last edited:
OP
OP
absosecur

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
HutSiteDigger said:
Just for your reference on this Army Of Tennessee CS buckle you have - here is a photo from "American Military Buckles & Plates" by Kerksis

also to note these buckles are only found in like Georgia,MS, Tenn, Kentucky and far western Virginia... The Army Of Tennessee operated between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River.

Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions