GW button!!! ~ colonial relic hunters dream come true!!!

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys, I haven't posted on this forum in a while but, I GOT A GW BUTTON!!!! I was detecting at a local colonial tavern site out on long island, (iron infested!!) when I got a choppy 39-42 signal on my xterra 505, for xterra users this is usually a copper, but it was super choppy so I decided to pass it up, after walking a few feet I thought to myself " eh, what do I have to loose" so I turned around, swept over the spot, now it was coming up a solid 39, not choppy( different orientation of the coil) so I popped out the plug, sill in the hole, one more scoop, so I took the last scoop, dumped it on the side next to the plug... this is when things got good, I saw the rim of what looked to be a large button, I thought, probably just a dandy button, so I broke the clod away and there it was, staring me in the face! An eagle with the star above it! I couldn't believe it I instantly started calling every one I knew! first off I called my dad, He could tell I was over the moon with excitement! This was only the first day of my three day hunt! That was most definitly the best day of my short 15 years on this planet, I would like to thank bookfisher for getting me into this hobby! 009.JPG

Upvote 18

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding me..... nice going Scottso and your only 15, wow. You are a true inspiration to guys 4 times your age. Keep at it young man.:notworthy:
Banner all the way.
ZDD

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
That is on my wish list....maybe one day. Your button is a great find!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! The GW buttons are popping up all over the place. Ok, only 2 in the past few days but it seems like more. :laughing7: I'm going on a hunt either tomorrow or Friday and now I expect to find one because good things come in sets of 3..... or is that bad things :dontknow:... i can never remember....:laughing7:... Awesome find. :notworthy:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok ...... I will admit it......You rock. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

screwynewy

May 10, 2011
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
And I thought you were going to say "your short 15 years in this hobby"! If this find is any indication you have a very bright relic hunting future ahead of you. Congratulation on a rare find.

OP
OP
Scottso

Scottso

May 8, 2009
long island new york
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75se, Minelab Excalibur, Minelab etrac, Tesoro sand shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yup, im "only" 15 started detecting at 6 seriously at 8. thanks for the banner votes guys! I use the fisher f75 at the moment, waiting for late fall, the gw site is now overgrown.

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find! I wish I had gotten into the hobby as young as you did instead of my late 40's (Oh the silver that could have been found!).

Keep up the good hunting. I guess that GW button just set the hook in you a little deeper!

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Congrats on a super find,young man!I met you a couple weeks back at the farmers market,the guy with the Minelab hat.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking GW there Scottso. Looks to have a nice slick patina. I'm sure there are a lot of people on this forum who wish they could have started at your age!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! I'll bet you know more about american history than your teacher:laughing7: Just kidding! Serious bro,nice rare find and very clean. Congrats,and keep on digging!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking button, huge congrats on the find.:headbang:

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Big Congrats on such a Big Find! That is an awesome piece of American History! Way to go, it's gonna look great up top! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread