TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's up fellow hunters?

Since I last logged in I've had to move to new location in my hometown. So far I've found a couple nice hand worked silver crosses, a silver bracelet with copper inserts on the sides marked cLv (Any guess to what that means would be appreciated, my best guess would be "Champlain Lower Valley?") a nice staglon Uncle Henry knife and a patch knife.

The piece I want help identifying is one my dad picked up off someone in a nearby town. It was found digging and is a three point decorated iron axe head. The blade depicts a war scene showing a man with and axe and a shield fighting what looks to be a Spaniard on a horse. On the same side it also shows a caped man standing. On the other side of the blade is intricate vines and flowers and near it there is a depiction of the outline of the axe

He also picked up a similar but smaller one that has a weird looking green man like character on both sides of the blade with a dragon on one side and a sun looking feature on the the other side.

Thanks ahead of time to all that helps.

Upvote 0

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There is no reason to make a post without pictures. We can't help you identify something without knowing what we are looking at.

OP
OP
TiBorn

TiBorn

Nov 16, 2011
Ticonderoga
Detector(s) used
Kellyco Predator II, Bounty Hunter Quickdraw 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll post pictures soon, I thought the description I worded in text maybe could of gave somebody a ballpark idea but I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. I haven't ever seen any antique iron hatchet this embossed in my life and the symbols seem familiar but like I said the pics are coming.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look forward to checking it out!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any luck with the pictures?

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures are necessary, but at least measurements/dimensions would be helpful. From the sounds of it, a "3 pointed axe" indicates to me that it is a halberd. Most likely a victorian ornamental halberd and not an original 14th-18th century piece, but it is possible that it is an original "parade" or regimental polearm. I have decent hands-on experience with these things so let's see the pics!

Here is an example of what I'm referring to:

halberd.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread