1973 class ring seeking owner

S

swingbeepdig

I found a 1973 Class ring while metal detecting in a wooded area.I want to find its original owner so i can reunite the ring to him or her. Can you please help me figure out the initials on the ring and find this person.Its a Vernon L. Davies (VLD) silver class ring dated 1973 . There are three initials on the ring, but the first letter is worn. The Initials appear to be ODK, or CDK, or GDK.

Attachments

• rps20130929_202754.jpg
    rps20130929_202754.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 145
Upvote 2

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great ring! Best of luck locating the owner.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have better luck calling the school. Vernon L. Davey Yearbooks On-Line I see you already have a post up on Face Book. Not a very big school, so I think you will have luck finding the individual. Beautiful old school, they don't have many left like that anymore. Keep us informed if you locate the person.

Last edited:

Fix

Oct 17, 2012
Southern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro with a 15 inch DD WOT coil.
Deeptech Vista Gold.
AT Max.
Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If he graduated Jr High in 1973 he might be listed in local 1976 High School yearbook.
Very nice find by the way.
You better make that 1977. I just read on the site that it was for 7th and 8th graders only in 1973.

Last edited:

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have better luck calling the school. Vernon L. Davey Yearbooks On-Line I see you already have a post up on Face Book. Not a very big school, so I think you will have luck finding the individual. Beautiful old school, they don't many left like that anymore. Keep us informed if you locate the person.

I posted the post on VLM Facebook page during my researching and not having much luck finding a 1973 VLD yearbook, I found many sites with a little info but nothing leading to the correct yearbook, this maybe tough one unless the Facebook post pans out.

That a good idea on trying to find the person through the high school, now to try and figure out what high school to look for.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

swingbeepdig

Thank you for your effort and help, hope it pulls through.

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if the individual that lost the ring with to the local High School, there seems to be only one, Orange High School, there are many school named this around the country, but of course this one is in Orange New Jersey, I have found the school's website, but there doesn't seem to be a resource there to lead to a 1977 yearbook.

I don't know if contacting the Principals (2) would help or not.

Orange High School / Overview

One thing I meant to ask, is it a man's or woman's ring, it looks like a man's ring in the pictures?

sam2cpa

Jun 6, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Great find. One I have a name I search www.pipl.com. Sometimes I call the school and speak to the librarian to see if they can look at an old yearbook. They are usually willing to help.

Last edited:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would call the # for VLD Jr High.

Cicely Tyson School of Performing and Fine Arts
(formerly Vernon L. Davey Junior High School)
161 Elmwood Avenue
East Orange, NJ 07018
973-266-5970

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions