Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
I went this morning early to Bolsa Chica State Beach (Huntington Beach, CA) for a few hours. Although I have been finding rings in the last few weeks, I finally found a decent ring this morning worth posting.

Sterling Silver 925 band and it almost fits me, one size too big, maybe it's a size 13. It was still kinda dark out when I scooped up the ring, I thought it might be a ferrule and just put it in my pocket. Checked it out when I got home and saw the 925 inside. In the past couple months, I have found several large copper ferrules, and at first glance in the scoop, your heart start racing.

Other items I found today besides coins are; key, cross in great condition with no markings, Canadian penny, some kind of token, part of an earring, and a slug (lower right hand side in pic) that I can't figure out what it is. The slug is a hair bigger then a quarter, nothing written on it, perfectly square edges, weighs a bit for it's size, not carbon steel, and it looks great compared to some of the pennies I find. Some of those pennies in the photo will be trashed.

9-30-13.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 2

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice bag of spoils there SoCal..! Silver is always a welcome bit of treasure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread