First find with new ETrac (Old Cub Scout Neckerchief Slide)

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garret Pro-Pointer, Lesche Digger, Minelab Pro-Swing 45
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First finds with new ETrac (Old Cub Scout Neckerchief Slide/1976 Hot Wheels Z-Whiz)

How's it going everyone? I had an AT Pro last year but it was short lived and it was gone. So technically I only have about a month total of ever detecting.

I just got a new ETrac and decided while we got a small break in the weather that I might as well go in the backyard again to see if the AT Pro left anything.

Literally within maybe 30 seconds of turning it on and putting it to the ground I started to get a nice constant 21-42 to 21-46 tone. It just kept telling me to dig. So I dug down about 5" and out came this nice looking Cub Scout Neckerchief Slide! Makes me pretty dang excited to know I found a piece of America. :-)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380576440736.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380576440736.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 150
  • uploadfromtaptalk1380576454147.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380576454147.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
B

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garret Pro-Pointer, Lesche Digger, Minelab Pro-Swing 45
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem VPNavy! I appreciate it.

I thought I hunted out my backyard wth my AT Pro last year. I hit it hard with it until it wasnt producing anything more.

Well the ETrac comes through again! Just got out for about 20 more minutes and found just under a dollar in clad and a 1976 Hot Wheels Z-Whiz!! Stoked! 1 day of about 40-45 minutes in my own "Hunted out" Backyard. Not too bad for my first day with the Etrac.

IMG_20130930_191332882_zpsff1e2c0a.jpg

OP
OP
B

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like just a couple bucks. Nothing major.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are still used today. That is a Bear Cub Scout slide.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a at and I find stuff in the same area as my buddy with his etrac . It all depends in how you swing the coil. That's why they say to grid areas off. I went a town that was partially deserted that has been pounded since 1963, and still found a bunch. Nothings ever really hunted out.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! :)

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad to see that you're focusing on the tone and not the numbers.

Nice find. Keep 'em coming!

Check out some of Dirtfishing's videos on YouTube for some great tips. Also, if you ever have any questions, I'll try and help you out with the Etrac.

OP
OP
B

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad to see that you're focusing on the tone and not the numbers.

Nice find. Keep 'em coming!

Check out some of Dirtfishing's videos on YouTube for some great tips. Also, if you ever have any questions, I'll try and help you out with the Etrac.

Its funny that you mentioned DirtFishing. I literally subscribed to his channel about 20 minutes ago.

Gonna learn tones then numbers once I have a good feel for tones. There is a whole lot of em haha.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its actually a Wolf ;-)
Tiger Cub Scout is orang, wolf is yellow and bear is green
. I attached a picture from the Boy Scout supply site.

Attachments

• image-1310518166.jpg
    image-1310518166.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If this was at 5 inches, you just never swung over it with your ATP or it would have blown your ear drums out!! Not hunted out, just lots of missed targets. Nice finds
How's it going everyone? I had an AT Pro last year but it was short lived and it was gone. So technically I only have about a month total of ever detecting.

I just got a new ETrac and decided while we got a small break in the weather that I might as well go in the backyard again to see if the AT Pro left anything.

Literally within maybe 30 seconds of turning it on and putting it to the ground I started to get a nice constant 21-42 to 21-46 tone. It just kept telling me to dig. So I dug down about 5" and out came this nice looking Cub Scout Neckerchief Slide! Makes me pretty dang excited to know I found a piece of America. :-)

love2Dig!

Sep 23, 2013
Port Isabel
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Garrett AT Pro
Maybe he did grid his yard off and maybe he did swing over the targets. Everyone knows a detector can give a reading of junk and it be something better. My girlfriends AT Pro is terrible about it but hers has had an issue I'm sure from day one. " Bought as a supposed demo " it was used hard and put up wet before we got it. Maybe his has an issue as well or like I said just gave a bad signal.

OP
OP
B

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiger Cub Scout is orang, wolf is yellow and bear is green
. I attached a picture from the Boy Scout supply site.

Thanks Gerry. This one is Navy Blue and has a Wolf Head on it not a bear. Here is a better picture of what it looks like. They also make the same Wolf Head Neckerchief Slider in red as well.
$(KGrHqJ,!h!FBjPTbY(RBQccP!2Mwg~~60_57.JPG scout.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Ballaholyk84

Sep 29, 2013
Beaverton, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this was at 5 inches, you just never swung over it with your ATP or it would have blown your ear drums out!! Not hunted out, just lots of missed targets. Nice finds

There are actually a lot of old rusty nail in the back yard. I didnt learn the AT Pro in my backyard so when I did hit my backyard I didnt dig any of the "Junk" tones. With the E-Trac its a whole new ballgame. Its going to take me a long time to really learn the machine so I started in the backyard and dug anything with a tone that sounded like it needed to be dug and didnt show up as a "Junk Tone with the E-Trac. If that makes sense. Once I dug about 5 rusty nails with the E-Trac I learned the tones a little and skipped over the rest. Im sure there are a few other things back there that I havent dug but I will leave those for another day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread