Part of my families history is now in my care...

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
After getting my parents unpacked in their new house, my father gave me a couple of my Grandfathers war trophies that he brought home from WW2. I sure wish he was still around now that I am older and understand. I thought I would share them with ya guys and gals.

2007_0216Image0003.jpg

2007_0216Image0008.jpg

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice Stormtrooper154, thanks for sharing...
I have always liked that symbol, it's too bad Hitler had to give it such a bad reputation...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

DetectorBase

Dec 31, 2006
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE w/SunRay X-1, X-5 and X-8 / Whites XLT / Whites GM3
Wow. That's great. Thanks for sharing that. Great family history. Do you have any stories related to your Grandfather's duty in WWII? You should get them on paper and keep them with those pieces. You have to think of your future generations too.

DB

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Storm,
Very neat post. Thanks for the pictures.
-MM-

MikeTN

Feb 19, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Leon said:
Very nice Stormtrooper154, thanks for sharing...
I have always liked that symbol, it's too bad Hitler had to give it such a bad reputation...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Very true, that symbol was around a VERY long time before the monster Hitler destroyed it's true meaning...It is sad..

I'm glad you have them though, I am sure your granfather would have been very proud to sit and explain it to you.

Thanks for share'n and happy hunting! :)

Mike

Relic_hunter1557

Feb 15, 2007
Hitler destoryed alot of things. For one thing the Nazis took over my oma's house which was beautiful but it was torn down in 1962 and a church is now in it's spot with a park dedicated to her family. Too bad i never got to see the house. The swastika is a symbol for good luck and can be found on alot of buddha statues.

D

dugupfinds

DetectorBase said:
Wow. That's great. Thanks for sharing that. Great family history. Do you have any stories related to your Grandfather's duty in WWII? You should get them on paper and keep them with those pieces. You have to think of your future generations too.

DB

Thats what I thought.

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
My Father-in-Law was in the 2nd Armored Division in WWII. When he passed away a year ago I was fortunate enough to get the history book published for the members of the 2nd Armored at the end of the war.

Mike

OP
OP
Stormtrooper154

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
I will have to find the copies, He was actual chosen to be the model for a few recruiting posters during the war. We have a couple of them still hanging on the wall at my parents place. I will see if I can find a copy to scan on here. My Grandfather was in the Infantry during WW2 and Korea and reached the rank of Sgt Major. Even though he is gone now, I am still very proud of him. :'( :) :)

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are all very proud of WW2 vets, The local politicians here in Oklahoma are giving all WW2 vets a free trip to DC to see the Memorial.

Fossis......................

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
very cool war relics! family heirlooms. my brother has a Nazi helmet that was picked up off of the beach in Normandy ( at least thats the story thats been handed down through the family). it still has the guys name written in ink in the lining. i was never able to research him to find out what happened to him though. at any rate those are very very cool pieces of history.

agentx73

Greenie
Feb 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Amazing to possess such historically interesting pieces of the past. My hat is off to you, sir!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
A photo is one thing. Being able to hold it in your hands and feel it, really makes it come to life.

Is that a transport flag? How big is it?

Ridley

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Those are some great things = glad you get to be the new caretaker!

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Those are very nice pieces you have there. My grandfather served in WWII. He was a bomber pilot. He was captured and kept in a poland camp for 18 months. He has a few relics he brought home. An old nazi (Ruger)sp? A bayonet knife, and a german made harmonica he traded one of his captors for a pack of cigarettes. He taught himself how to play and he swore until the day he died that that harmonica was the only thing that kept him alive in that camp.

Thanks for posting Storm.

xstevenx

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Nice history pieces and you got the story to go along with it. Very nice, indeed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread