Had a great weekend with some great news!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Happy Friday everyone, hope you all had a good week! Last week end was interesting, Saturday we decided to hit the river one more time as the weather was sunny and in the 70's. It was great, warm in the sun, we found some clad, and had been there for about an hour and a half, enjoying ourselves, when we started being bothered by yellow jackets, which was annoying at first. We had never run into very many before, and we have been to this section of beach many times. First there were a couple that would not leave us alone, so we would move on down, and be fine, well, after a bit more, there were more and more of them, there were so many that they were even bothering a guy who was there fishing, omg he was swatting at them like crazy, we looked at each other, we both said "It's time to go!" Chug is highly allergic to bee's, wasps, well, you get it. On our way out, I did happen to find this, 10-11-13 104.JPG and Chug found these, 10-11-13 105.JPG
laughing7.gif

Sunday we totally rocked it! We decided to do some relic hunting and went to one of our favorite spots, the weather was cloudy, and cool, but nice, and the ground was nice and moist, which means some great muddy digging!
hello2.gif
We both scored some great clad, Chug scored with a little cutie, nestled about 2 inches down, 10-11-13 096.JPG he also found this about 2 inches down, and on it's side, 10-11-13 084.JPG it looks like it was on someone's rosary beads, and not long after, he found this one, 10-11-13 093.JPG it's ugly but it counts, it's a ring! Chug was swinging along, the sun was out by then, something sparkled in the grass, and Chug picks this up! 10-11-13 080.JPG Isn't it beautiful?
headbang.gif
Chug's best find of the day was very old, and in beautiful shape, 10-11-13 090.JPG 10-11-13 088.JPG
notworthy.gif
it was 3 inches down, and it was reading 47 on his AT Pro! Give it up does it again, and Chug couldn't be happier, you should have seen him, he was dancing and waving me over to show off his new button! WTG sweetie!!!! I didn't do too badly either, I rocked it on bullets, 10-11-13 083.JPG and I found a cute little toe ring, 10-11-13 098.JPG 10-11-13 100.JPG I found it when a cute elderly man was looking over my shoulder while I dug it out, he was hoping I had found gold, and when he saw what I had found, he giggled and said next time.
laughing7.gif
We ended our day with some delicious gyros and wonderful baklava!

This next part is a little graphic on pictures, Chug had a sore on his neck for a couple of years, he had it taken care of about a year ago, after having it for quite a while, we were told it was just some harmless tissue and that was that. Well, it came back, and over time, it kept getting worse and worse, til it looked like this. 10-11-13 024.JPG We found out Chug had skin cancer, and that he was very lucky as that it is a very slow moving cancer, and it was localized. He had it removed 2 weeks ago while I watched. What?! I know Chug would have wanted to know what was going on, and I had watched them remove the previous one, it was amazing to watch the surgeon. She was a plastic surgeon, and had removed many, many of this type, she was so delicate at times, and she even gave him enough lidocaine! He has a very high tolerance to the stuff. it only took about half an hour, it was about the size of a quarter, and about 3 quarters thick, pinkish red and very ugly. I am ecstatic to say, Chug is caner free, we got the pathology report back, and he is clean!
hello2.gif
hello2.gif
10-11-13 034.JPG 10-11-13 051.JPG 10-11-13 052.JPG 10-11-13 062.JPG 10-11-13 077.JPG He had 18 stiches inside the wound, and 10 stiches on the outside, he will have a small permanent divot in his neck, but that's ok, at least it's gone. Now he doesn't have to keep answering people's questions of what happened to your neck, it got to the point he was telling them that I had bit him.
BangHead.gif
I'm not trying to gross you all out or anything, we decided when we found out, to post pictures and tell his story, to help you all avoid this horrible disease. We now use sunscreen, even on cloudy days, Chug uses it on his head too, since he shaves his head. You know how people say," well, it will never happen to me?"................Not me caught up to us.
Take care everyone, have a great weekend, stay safe and have fun! Red
hello.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 8

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad everything worked out. I always enjoy your posts. Good luck next time!

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats wonderful news indeed:occasion14: I love to hear it.

Get that neck healed up Chug and keep at it guys!

HH,
Chris

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The last picture was a week Ago, it looks Much better now Chug

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad to hear he is clear, Nice finds. HH!

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spiffy find glad ya'lls Chugger is ok

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear all is ok! Congrats on a good hunt too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread