permission DENIED! then found 1919d wheaty at sports field

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped to ask permission to search around an OLD falling down house. Its in the pasture of a nice house down the road. Stopped and asked an older woman and she said her daughter is buying/has bought a detector and is going to detect it. So, the place goes on my list to stop by and ask again 5 years from now.

So, stopped by a small sports field where the town high school was next door in the early 1900's. Now the old school building is an apartment complex. Searched the sports field for about an hour and hit a 1919 d wheat penny (ties my oldest coin), a 1940 nickel, and some clad.

Stopped by a community center on the way home (have no idea if its old or not, dont think it is) Searched it for about an hour aand found a couple clad dimes/pennies and dug up a 25 lbs stainless steel THING that was a foot down. I have it with pictures posted in the "What is it" forum.

Im tyring to get out to search several times a week and really want to find some older coins. Hopefully, I can get on them soon. IVe been doing a ton of research finding out where old housses used to be.

P.S. Didnt post a couple days ago, but searched the local lake that is very low, searched around the boat ramp and found a ton of lead weights, some clad change, and a 3 blade uncle henry pocket knife.

Upvote 0

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Nathan104, go back to the house that the daughter is going to metal detect and offer to help her on how to use a metal detector.

It might lead to some good hunting spots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread