Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
MD in dry sand this morning for about four hours in the Belmont Shore area of Long Beach. I had two heart pounding moments; the first was seeing the Walking Liberty Half Dollar (my first) in my scoop, the second was seeing a bright shinny large ring laying two feet ahead of me while MD-ing, it was just lying on top of the sand. I was hoping for white gold or even silver, but it ended up being stainless with no hallmarks. The other ring says AVON inside (junk) :)

The beach at Long Beach is not only long (about 5-6 miles), but in some places it's over an eighth mile wide. Right in the middle of one of the widest areas on the beach is where I found the Half Dollar. Maybe because of the remote location on the beach where people usually don't MD is why it was there. Most of the clad that I found look like they have been there for years. Some of the real ugly coins were down 7-9 inches.

That blu electronic cigarette in the picture is like the fifth electronic cigarette I've found in the last couple months. My have times changed.

This hobby makes you want to keep going back for more and more.

P1030626.JPG P1030619.JPG P1030625.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 4

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds. I am trying to get back to the beach before winter but cant find anyone to go with.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds. I am trying to get back to the beach before winter but cant find anyone to go with.

Thanks gerryk ... Where is Orland Park? Your picture shows you at the beach ... you can't MD all year?

cwhunter_1

Feb 2, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab se pro, white oldy, tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember hunting Long Beach back in the 70,s, when it was safe to be on the beach. Nice to know your still finding good stuff. The old neighborhoods should still be productive.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks gerryk ... Where is Orland Park? Your picture shows you at the beach ... you can't MD all year?
I am just outside Chicago. Depending on the winter we may have frozen ground for three months, so,etimes longer sometimes shorter.

cwhunter_1

Feb 2, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab se pro, white oldy, tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perses, I still have kids that live out there, when I left in 1999 gangs were starting to take over some of the beaches. They tell me that that is a problem at most today. Huntington Beach, where they hold the surfing championship, you can almost expect something will happen as it did this year.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember hunting Long Beach back in the 70,s, when it was safe to be on the beach. Nice to know your still finding good stuff. The old neighborhoods should still be productive.

Hi cwhunter_1

I was born and raised in LB. The downtown area went from good to bad to good again. North LB has always been crap (to close to Compton). The Belmont Shore/Naples area has always been very good. I start MD-ing on the beach at 5AM. Nobody around at that time except a few bikes & joggers on the beach trail. There is that an occasional homeless sleeping on the lifeguard tower platform. At least I think they are sleeping :)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

holeymoley

Oct 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! Congratulations.
Gotta love detecting in dry sand!

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Walker !

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Found my second walker over there too. One small older gold ring, a couple nice silver rings and silver Rosie or to. I think things get moved around and uncovered when city's sand movers are doing their thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions