Trying out new turf, looking good

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out with Rick a few times this week and we tried a new spot out. It is suppost to have a 17th cent. cellar hole but it is in the woods. We looked for it but the under growth is just too thick to even see a CH right now, so we did the next best thing and hunted the surrounding fields. The finds were sparse but interesting. I found a 'whatisit" I think is a small candle holder but I could be way off.
20131018_141448.jpg
Also an old drawer pull but the coolest was a horse rosette, when I was cleaning it I could see the picture in it. A lady rider on a horse that is set in the glass so it stands above the background pic. making it look 3 D.
20131018_135514.jpg

I also got up a musket ball (french I believe) a lead ingot, an ox knob (shone it up on the wire wheel) and some pewter scraps.
20131018_141422.jpg

This site has some real potenial but I will have to wait untill winter sets in to locate the CH and hit it hard in the spring befor the ticks show up.
ZDD

Upvote 3

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the potential is there...but sparse like you said...but tells me there is likely a CH close by...

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that rosette is cool. I really doubt that one item is a candle holder because it would put the flame too close to whatever it is mounted on. not sure, but it looks like the receiving end of a barrel type door latch

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the potential is there...but sparse like you said...but tells me there is likely a CH close by...
There is definitely a CH there. The land owner has had the Archies from the university come and confirmed it to be Acadian but the thing I think is hidden in 2 foot high tall grass in a clearing in the woods. The under brush in the woods is really thick and almost impossible to hunt right now but we will sniff out the goodies, thats for sure.:thumbsup:
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that rosette is cool. I really doubt that one item is a candle holder because it would put the flame too close to whatever it is mounted on. not sure, but it looks like the receiving end of a barrel type door latch
Yea we thought that too but maybe there was a deflector that went with it, don't know just guessing at this point.
ZDD

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
That Rosette is sweet man:headbang:

I would try to get that cleaned up..

Scanning the area with a bing maps or Google will help in the area.

Around here the stone walls will always lead you to goodness:thumbsup:

Blaze

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's where it would pay in our area is to be employed in bush cutting...just think of the potential...lol

There is definitely a CH there. The land owner has had the Archies from the university come and confirmed it to be Acadian but the thing I think is hidden in 2 foot high tall grass in a clearing in the woods. The under brush in the woods is really thick and almost impossible to hunt right now but we will sniff out the goodies, thats for sure.:thumbsup:
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's where it would pay in our area is to be employed in bush cutting...just think of the potential...lol
Yea, those guys that work in the woods now where they are, thats for sure.
ZDD

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The rosette with the picture is cool !
I got two similar, but no picture.

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Your recon mission proved there is an old site nearby. Good luck with finding that early cellar hole.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread