Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is homecoming week at our school and last night there was a parade, the girls' powderpuff football game, and some other events. One of my students asked me this morning if I would be willing to help her find her ONLY COPY of her car key that she thought she lost somewhere on the football field last night. We went out to the field after school with my F5 and I gave her my Ace 250 to use and I ended up finding it on the 40 yard line after about 45 minutes.

After that, the concession area caught my eye so I headed over there. I've never detected at my school before because the head of the grounds crew is, let's say, VERY passionate about his grass. Luckily the whole area in front of the concession stand was gravel about 3" deep. I notched out everything up through zinc on my F5 and swung away with just my detector and a pinpointer for about 45 minutes til people started filtering in for the freshman football game tonight. Ended up with $7.10, and I'll be making it a point to head back to hunt the rest of the gravel some night this week I think!

Upvote 4

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. Glad to hear you found the missing key. :thumbsup:
Way to go on the coinage. Nice haul.
-MM-

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! It "pays" to detect. Show him your recovery technique maybe you can change his mind, grass likes to have small holes punched in it help get water to the roots. If all else fails take him cookies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread