Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Int'l Coin & Token Day in Beach Sand by 1907 Lifeguard Tower, Long Beach, CA

These are my finds for today and yesterday in Long Beach, CA. I hit an area a couple of hours each day starting at 6AM around the foundation of a Lifeguard Tower that is from 1907 and in the immediately area, along with two beach restrooms/shower areas.

I was hoping for older coins by the foundation but the smell was horrendous from the derelicts using the side of the lifeguard tower and storage building as a toilet. I did pull quite a few coins through the sound of rebar, iron, and electrical interference from underground wiring by the foundation. I bet if I had a shovel and dug down a foot or so along the foundation, there would be some old coins. There is a chance they would frown on my tunneling under their vintage lifeguard tower ... Ya Think!! :)

Now I know why they call Long Beach "The International City". I found a coin from Mexico, Guatemala, one from some other Spanish country, and a big coin from some Asian country that I destroyed trying to clean it.

Found; LA Bus Tokens, Dave and Buster's Token, and other Tokens, along with junk jewelry, toys, and a pile of coins. I also found all the lost keys to their buildings and gates.

I threw the wasted pennies away prior to taking the pictures. Who knew! That you could find a skateboard and jet airplane in the same day :)

You just never know what will be in the scoop in obscure areas of the beach.

Thanks for Dropping By ... Good Luck with Your Hunt this Weekend.

KIMG0030.JPG P1030661.JPG P1030662.JPG P1030658.JPG P1030660.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 3

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your diligent hunt! Long Beach is a strange place. I once found a box of ammo (38 and 357) closer to Belmont Shores. I guess the homies must of skedaddled away in a hurry.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, go ahead and dig up that foundation, do about two foot at a time then cover it up and move on. If you do it neatly no one will bother you.

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, go ahead and dig up that foundation, do about two foot at a time then cover it up and move on. If you do it neatly no one will bother you.

Hi treblehunter,

That sounds like a plan. I start scanning early anyway, nobody around but a few bums at that time, and the Lifeguards don't come to work until 8AM.

Here's a couple of pictures of what the area looks like from the other side of the tower.

The only problem is the ground within about 8-feet of the tower very noisy with underground wire electrical interference, and combined with a constant iron sound close to the foundation. The electrical chatter when picking out targets within 6-inches from the surface was bad enough on the ears. If I dig down a foot next to the foundation and scan, the increased sound of electrical chatter and iron will make my head explode :)

I'll put that on my things to do list at a later date. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tower2.JPG Tower1.JPG

OP
OP
SoCalBeachScanner

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your diligent hunt! Long Beach is a strange place. I once found a box of ammo (38 and 357) closer to Belmont Shores. I guess the homies must of skedaddled away in a hurry.

Hi jcCALIF,

I just noticed your post. That's interesting, what area of Belmont Shore did you find the box of ammo? I've been hoping to find a handgun down there sooner or later. I have found a spent casing and just chock it up to the 4th of July calibrations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread