Finds from the Jersey Shore

NJ Garrett

Apr 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a little treasure hunting yesterday on the Jersey Shore. Started at Point Pleasant, and found a quarter within 5 minutes. Unfortunately, I hardly got a signal after that. I did find a lot of beautiful shells and the jaw bone of something (anyone have an idea of what?).

On my way back to the car, I ran into two fellows who looked like they were just about to get started. We chatted for a bit, and I explained how I had a disappointing hunt. They said that lots of people comb the beach, and suggested that I try another local beach. I gave that a shot for a little while and found a 1961 dime. I hope that those guys read this board, so I can say thanks for the tip!

On a separate note, I was shocked at the level of devastation that still exists down there. Many houses still boarded up, and HUMONGOUS piles of shells everywhere (presumably from the storm surge). I enjoyed digging through the shells, but was sad to see those houses.

P1010374.JPG

Upvote 1

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dime, I'd be checking out the new beach. HH

pristinelove89

Jul 30, 2013
I went to point pleasant today with my dad. I found a couple of pennies and this junk earring. The wreckage from that storm wreaked so much havoc. It was sad to see all these demolished homes.

Attachments

• image-3468127850.jpg
    image-3468127850.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 86

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions