Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1850's College and CS Artillery site finds

Bob (Hornbush), Sham (Shamborelics) and myself hunted a site that we have only hunted a couple times and today was pretty productive. A college was here and burned down in the late 1850's and during the war the Confederates had an artillery unit there. The ground was extremely hot due to the old red bricks from the college. Trash was everywhere such as square nails, iron, glass and more remnants of the school and we picked up all of our trash. This was a beautiful view and one could see why the Confederates used the hill. One could see several of our other sites below the hill in the distance. Sham started out the day using the new Garrett ATX which he will be taking to DIV but it was so sensitive it was picking up the smallest piece of trash and he decided to wait until DIV and use it as it won't be as trashy as this hill is. He borrowed my MXT PRO to finish out the day. Bob was using his F75 and AT PRO. I was using my TDI and was digging every high tone. As you can see in the video I had a lot of trash. The high tones were just about everything because of the hot soil.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The volume picks up after about 40 seconds.

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That looks like a hot spot for sure Randy and you guys worked hard for those relics. Good luck in VA. HH, Q.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the great video. Congrats on some nice CW relic recoveries. You guys "nailed" it. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
it sure would be nice if it paid about a nickle for each square nail that come from the sites lol. Nice Saves and Good luck on the upcoming DIV hunt.

Bill

OP
OP
treasurehound

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That looks like a hot spot for sure Randy and you guys worked hard for those relics. Good luck in VA. HH, Q.

Thanks Quindy. Last time we hunted there it was right after a heavy rain and the targets were much easier to listen to. The iron sounded like iron and the buttons were high tones. I dug several buttons then. Seems like the dryer hot soil really affects the conductivity.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions