funny find -- first new find while setting up my quickdraw II --hummm

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well just got my new bounty hunter quickdraw II so went outside in the backyard to try it out-- put a penny down and when I swept over it the machine went nuts I thought and showed 8" deep? well I picked up the penny and while looking at it ran the detector back over the spot bingo still reading 8" so a digging I go -- at about 6-8 in --got it --the "find" was a long brass type waterhose nozzle. having detected lots in the past I thought its an ok but not great find but being it was the first time I turned on this machine maybe its a a good omen.*** added note (p.s. I cleaned it up and it still works!!! the rubber"seal" gasket where the hose mates with the nozzle will need replacing but other than that A OK showed it to my wife-- my wife said got the house in 1986 and she only uses the "gun" type spray handles-she doesn't like the "fire nozzle" type because she says it's hard on her hands-so it must be from the last owner over 20 years ago) being in the ground for the last 20 years has given it a nice color tone--- funny thing they still sell these at the hareware store about $6.00 or so---so I might have to rethink this-- maybe its not a bad find after all--- because if you found $6.00 in clad in a hole wouldn't you be happy wouldn't you? --- in a odd way you can say I found 6 bucks I guess...Ivan

Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
WTG! I think that was a great first find. Shoot.... it's a great find no matter whether it was your first or the most recent. Keep hunting and good luck. Hope to hear and see many more finds in the future.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GL. My BH 3300 does pretty well. The ground balance seems to work to a point. Leaves only the random high tones. Still annoying though. You'll be finding good stuff before too long. Just do your research for old locations near you or you'll be professional clad only finder in no time.....GL mate!!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool...i have found a whole bunch of them 8)

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread