Cash Register Silver + Mystery Coin!! HELP!

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
I was at work and went on break.? I knew we had a bunch of quarter paper rolls that we had just gotten from the bank, as opposed to the see thru plastic ones... paper indicates that they were wrapped by an individual and are more likely to contain silver.?

Anyway, the third one I opened contained all three of the coins pictured.? This was the first time I have ever found a silver quarter in all my years of retail!!! Three of them are obviously silver, but the fourth...is a mystery to me.? It is a 2000 P Maryland state quarter.? The only problem is, the edge is a solid silver color which normally indicates a silver or silver clad coin!!!!! ??? I know that some silver proofs are released but supposedly only from the San Fransisco Mint.? Either that or some sort of die error.? Weird.? Anyone have any ideas?????

Attachments

• 1edges.JPG
    1edges.JPG
    14.4 KB · Views: 323
  • 11quarters.JPG
    11quarters.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Looks steel clad I'd list it on ebay as an error and see if it goes for any thing.

OP
OP
MDnoob

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
It doesn't sound quite like clad quarters, but it doesn't sound like the pre-65 quarters either. I still think it is silver clad. Still, the only problem is: silver proof 2000 Marylands were only supposed to have been made in San Fran...

It doesn't quite look like other quarters either, slightly different color.

silverman

Greenie
Oct 13, 2004
Nice register finds Mdnoob, silver is always good. I like that state quarter, never heard or seen one like it. Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread