🥇 BANNER First GOLD COIN Today from the Field of Dreams!!!!!!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
While heading out this morning to the Field of Dreams to meet up with Greylock, I knew it was going to be difficult to top last weekends Charles I Hammered Silver Penny, but I was hoping my good luck would continue. I got to the fields a little after sunrise. Hunting was slow for a while, a musket ball here, a broken Crotal bell there, until Greylock and I headed into an area of cut corn that I haven't ever spent a lot of time in. As I approached a high point in the field, I heard a strange low scratchy signal on my XP Deus. As I kicked the corn husks aside, I saw something shiny and round. This wasn't the shine of silver, it was the shine of GOLD! Looking right up at me from its resting place on top of the dirt was my FIRST GOLD COIN! I couldn't believe it. I called Greylock over to see and tried to get BrokenKnee's (who had just pulled in) attention. I didn't find much the rest of the day, but I was PUMPED. I did manage a couple Indian Cents, and a 1870's German 10 Pfenning. I never expected to find a gold coin in a farm field. Maybe I didn't surpass my hammered silver, but I think I equalled it! I can't wait to see what's next to be found in the "Field of Dreams."

The coin is a 1874 Gold $1.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 812
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 779
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 761
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,084
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 831
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,013
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 968
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 794
Upvote 87

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Jason,

You have luck and you know what you're doing,you have made some spectacular finds in the last 6 months!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is definitely a field of dreams, and it just keeps get'n better! I guess a little more was in that field besides the golden corn! CONGRATS !!! Awesome find!!!

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Chris,

It takes a lot of work, but luck has certainly played a role!
The luck is his hunting partner. Haha. Seriously you have made some incredible finds. Hard work and persistence pays off. Who knows whats next.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
CONGRATS on your first gold coin !!!!!!!!!!!! You are on a roll keep it going :occasion14:

looknforgold

Apr 30, 2011
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find, Congrats on the Gold Coin!

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to find some corn fields around here...not going to happen. And the way you found it just laying on top of the ground... fantastic!
That's a very cool find :)

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh man what a stellar find. I think I woulda peed myself. congrats!

OP
OP
oxbowbarefoot

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the comments everyone, and for the Banner support!

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
WTG Jason - awesome find!! I'm sure that's a day you'll always remember. Now go find the rest of them.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Congrats oxbow barefeet , aside for a few iron buckles and a Mass. button , the finds are 90 % coins .
Your bud, PeteWMass, writes " Ive dug probably 200-300 coins back there all told and hes got several finds that beat anything Ive found back there.......hehe"
:dontknow: , that's weird , most fields are good for a few coins , not hundreds of them ,
what I am saying , that place was something more than just the usual farm field , not that there is anything wrong with that :laughing7:

Last edited:

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Simply amazing. Ya just never know where your gonna find 'em. Nice going.........................Rich

I'll give ya a banner vote also :thumbsup:

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am happy for you! How old will you be by the time you have hunted all 2300 acres? Hope you find one or more golds per acre!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread