🥇 BANNER First GOLD COIN Today from the Field of Dreams!!!!!!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
While heading out this morning to the Field of Dreams to meet up with Greylock, I knew it was going to be difficult to top last weekends Charles I Hammered Silver Penny, but I was hoping my good luck would continue. I got to the fields a little after sunrise. Hunting was slow for a while, a musket ball here, a broken Crotal bell there, until Greylock and I headed into an area of cut corn that I haven't ever spent a lot of time in. As I approached a high point in the field, I heard a strange low scratchy signal on my XP Deus. As I kicked the corn husks aside, I saw something shiny and round. This wasn't the shine of silver, it was the shine of GOLD! Looking right up at me from its resting place on top of the dirt was my FIRST GOLD COIN! I couldn't believe it. I called Greylock over to see and tried to get BrokenKnee's (who had just pulled in) attention. I didn't find much the rest of the day, but I was PUMPED. I did manage a couple Indian Cents, and a 1870's German 10 Pfenning. I never expected to find a gold coin in a farm field. Maybe I didn't surpass my hammered silver, but I think I equalled it! I can't wait to see what's next to be found in the "Field of Dreams."

The coin is a 1874 Gold $1.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 812
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 779
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 761
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,084
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 831
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,013
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 968
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 794
Upvote 87

Dr.Tones

Jan 7, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say you had a fantastic day with that find...Just a matter of time, it will be on the banner for your 3rd banner find! Congrats

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! AWESOME FIND ! :icon_thumleft:

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...... couldn't imagine. Don't know if I could have even continued to hunt. Congrats.:icon_thumleft:

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See what happens when I tag along. Laughing. Good stuff banner all day.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Congrats! Could have at least made it a challenge for ya, but said hey, he's gonna find me anyway so I'll just sit right up on top of the ground!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.Gold in any form is always sweet.HH.

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. That's the roundness you want to see.
What I find more amazing than the find is the site itself, even with a whole group pounding it, there seems no shortage of finds. Having thought about it, it must have been more than just one house site ? or do you know waht was there ?

Congrats on first gold, hope to see that color of round disc in my hole someday (soon)

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax, Garrett Pro Pointer, Predator Raven & Spartan shovels, Grey Ghost headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BANNER, BANNER, BANNER!!!! :occasion18:
That's a dream come true find. You got my vote for the banner train. :hello2:
Just AWESOME.
Congrats,
MM

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now That's the way it's done. Congrats on your first gold coin, it never gets old believe me. I think it's banner time.
ZDD

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Huge congrats and a moment in time that will stick with for many happy hunts. The vote is in for your awesome gold coin.

OP
OP
oxbowbarefoot

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find. That's the roundness you want to see.
What I find more amazing than the find is the site itself, even with a whole group pounding it, there seems no shortage of finds. Having thought about it, it must have been more than just one house site ? or do you know waht was there ?

Congrats on first gold, hope to see that color of round disc in my hole someday (soon)

The site is massive, 2,300 acres of open farm land. Over the last 360 years, the area has been continually farmed and periodically occupied. I've found a wide variety of goodies there, and it seems to keep producing!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread