Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grovel and beg! You could also "stretch" the truth a little and promise great coin riches.....if you find them.:laughing7:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have actually put a card in the mail twice describing what I do and how I respect peoples properties. I have found it easier than a phone call or just knocking on someone's door. It doesn't put them on the spot and allows you to articulate your thoughts on paper and to be very informative. I even offered one family my help with spring clean up on there 80 acre property. This has worked well for me but it's whatever you are most comfortable with. I'm very new at this as well so I'm sure there are several opinions on this topic. I'm 2 for 2 with this approach. Best of luck

OP
OP
K

kimonswanson643

Jul 29, 2013
I have actually put a card in the mail twice describing what I do and how I respect peoples properties. I have found it easier than a phone call or just knocking on someone's door. It doesn't put them on the spot and allows you to articulate your thoughts on paper and to be very informative. I even offered one family my help with spring clean up on there 80 acre property. This has worked well for me but it's whatever you are most comfortable with. I'm very new at this as well so I'm sure there are several opinions on this topic. I'm 2 for 2 with this approach. Best of luck
that's a great idea thanks I don't really like to talk to people face to face

asmerri

Mar 19, 2013
North Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, E-Trac
Hey Ahab, how did they follow up with you to tell you that you have their permission?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both times I received a nice card back from the property owner. I included my phone number in both of my cards but both of the responses came in the form of a hand written card. They both included their phone numbers and just asked that I call to let them know that I was coming. I have only been to one of the sites so far but met a very nice retired couple that I am better off for knowing . Great people!

OP
OP
K

kimonswanson643

Jul 29, 2013
Both times I received a nice card back from the property owner. I included my phone number in both of my cards but both of the responses came in the form of a hand written card. They both included their phone numbers and just asked that I call to let them know that I was coming. I have only been to one of the sites so far but met a very nice retired couple that I am better off for knowing . Great people!
do you also put your adress

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I mailed both of these for my return address was included

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Brag on their dogs. Works every time !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions