all I got was a mystery rock

RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
before heading off to see Thor: The Dark World today (awesome movie by the way :thumbsup:) I did a little metal detecting to ease my anxiety. didn't find anything special except for nails galore and this weird rock. Like the one i found in new Hampshire it came up as coins. excited, i dug it up and lo and behold it turned out to be a rock lol. Not feeling disappointed but rather excited i decided to keep it thinking it might be something worth keeping since I enjoy collecting rocks. but what kind of rock is it? Its very magnetic as well as very heavy for a rock this size and leaves no markings on the back of a tile. I know what iron ore looks like as well as pumice, but this one puzzles me. Ive been finding a lot of these lately around my house in Massachusetts as well as in New Hampshire. what ever they are, they are very interesting. am onto finding an ancient event that happened many or perhaps thousands of years ago? My yard seems to be littered with it. There are lots of these rocks at the park I detect at too which is down the road from my house. I'm gonna try the file test tomorrow so for now enjoy!

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

Upvote 1

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious rock, cool find! Let us know what else you find out about it. HH!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting......call a local college and speak to the Geology Dept. They may be able to help you out...

cmaracing

Mar 30, 2012
New Bedford, Mass
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett PP.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RelicPrime113, that's a cool rock or mineral of some sort, I tend to find some cool rocks around my area, but I'M not much of a rock-hound regrettably... cool find.....

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take it to a Collage Geology dept. and let them cut it.

OP
OP
RelicPrime113

RelicPrime113

Aug 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver, Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks glad you guys liked it! I have classes tomorrow so I will try and find the geology department at my college.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread