2.5 hours. mud, rain, snow, sleet, cold, was it worth it?

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Image385.jpg

You'd have to ask some of the ones who have to give it up for the year.

That I managed to get out and even find SOMETHING, makes it all plenty worthwhile for me.
There will be too many days when I can't. ;)

Keep at it folks, as long as you can!

Upvote 7

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. :thumbsup:
WTG Whadifind.
ZDD

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Blingie wants to go to Florida!! Hoping to get out after Turkey day, gonna be almost 40 and sunny for a few days!!! I tell my wife, "Some days I'm a treasure hunter, some days I dig holes!"

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking about bringing my snow scoop this weekend and using it to clear 10by10 areas to grid out my site! Might have to bring a torch to thaw the ground too :-) whatever it takes. Good job on the tough hunt

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any chance I get I go. Hell or high water. You just never know whats next.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey you got out with your detector, and anytime anyone can do that it's worth it even if they don't find anything. that's more than I can say for myself lately. the only thing I've got out and hunted recently is the pecans falling from my trees

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you certainly did better than I did. I went back to the lucky cornfield and only managed a crusty old cartridge, some sort of lid and some canslaw. Does Blingie polish the silver in winter months, lol?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey you got out with your detector, and anytime anyone can do that it's worth it even if they don't find anything. that's more than I can say for myself lately. the only thing I've got out and hunted recently is the pecans falling from my trees
That's one of the things I miss about Oklahoma......picking up the native pecans. Del City had some huge old trees in one of the parks. Very possibly blown away though in one of the monster tornadoes:BangHead:

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice hunt you are my long lost brother because I am the same way I go in rain, snow or shine it don't matter to me I love being out there swinging the old detector beats working any day congrats :notworthy:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your finds.And to me its always worth it.Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.And HH.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your go'n out again for sure, Blingie just claimed the dog tag! Next thing you know he's going to want to ride on the search coil and direct as you search!
Any time you get out the door and turn on the detector is a good day!

I will be probing the ground next few days to see if I need a pick axe or back hoe!
We must have "the fever" and anti-freeze in our veins! It's a wonder they don't find one of us encased in snow & ice come spring, and the first words we would utter "found a quarter!" Lol! HH to all!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your go'n out again for sure, Blingie just claimed the dog tag! Next thing you know he's going to want to ride on the search coil and direct as you search!

I will be probing the ground next few days to see if I need a pick axe or back hoe!
We must have "the fever" and anti-freeze in our veins! It's a wonder they don't find one of us encased in snow & ice come spring, and the first words we would utter "found a quarter!" Lol! HH to all!

We have a secret weapon against the cold;
IMG00306.jpg Click on image to warm you up.

......FIREBALL........:icon_thumleft:
ZDD

Last edited:

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
down here in Texas prime th season is just getting started. Mild winters, soft ground.

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
down here in Texas prime th season is just getting started. Mild winters, soft ground.

Down here in Kentucky prime the season is just getting started, Mild winters, Hard ground 18 degrees man I am ready to go....LOL>>>:BangHead:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh I won't be taking Blingie in the field any time soon. We'd be there less than 5 mins and he'd be complaining about the cold and wanting to go home. I won't be letting him direct the hunt either. ANY signal that wouldn't be a ring and he'd have me pass it up. 85-90's, nah, too good, pass 'em up! ;) LOL

He might want the dog tag but he won't get it, he can't lift it! LOL Sides, that's going back to the owner as soon as I can figure how.

I don't know about being dug up and my first words being "found a quarter!". But, I know that whenever I watch a western and the bad guy runs out of ammo and throws his gun at the good guy? This annoying beeping starts going off in my head. ;)

Thanks!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 905805

You'd have to ask some of the ones who have to give it up for the year.

That I managed to get out and even find SOMETHING, makes it all plenty worthwhile for me.
There will be too many days when I can't. ;)

Keep at it folks, as long as you can!

Id say It was worth it, looks like a good day. I know I packed away my atpro for the year (in a funny manner none the less) but im thinking of trying to head out one more time once my new coil for my 350 comes in next week if mother nature allows, just cant bring myself to say im "done" for the year! nice finds and HH! if you still can

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread