Ring and necklace both in 1 day- First Gold Ever!!!

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
:D ;D :o

So here is my Saturday haul.
1 hour at local Elementary School netted the necklace
1 hour at 1870s one-room schoolhouse netted nothing
2 hours at a High School netted many pennies and the over-alls clip
1 hour at soccer field netted the wedding band and most of the change, oh and a slip sinker. I like soccer fileds.

There are no markings on the chain whatsoever. It's very heavy and non-magnetic. How can I determine if it's solid gold? Take a look at the clasp. Anyone seen a clasp like this before? Seems like a pretty risky set-up to put on a valuable chain. On the other hand, it looks sorta like it was "bent" into that form, which one could do with a soft metal like gold.

The ring is a 14K Ben Bridge comfort-fit. I have to admit it was thrilling to see the beautiful gold glare emerge from the dark earth. Very different from tying to discern a corroded penny from the soil.

Thanks to everyone's

Attachments

• DSC01778.JPG
    DSC01778.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 1,098
  • DSC01783.JPG
    DSC01783.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,091
  • DSC01786.JPG
    DSC01786.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,082
Upvote 0

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about the necklace but it sure does look like a good one. Nice gold ring too!!!

OP
OP
partenr

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
You knoiw I really want to extend my sympathy to those of you that can't get out. It's been pretty decent in Seattle but it made me absolutely CRAZY when there was snow on the ground. "The sun will come out...to-mor-row..bet your bottom dollar that to-mor-row...there'll be sun...."

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Congratulations on the first gold!

May it be first of many gold finds for you!

The necklace may be very old. That clasp looks old fashioned.

Ridley

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Partner,
U can take it to a local jeweler and he can check the gold chain and tell you what K or even most local pawnshops will tell you...Usually they scratch in on a stone and some type of chemical they use ..used to know the name but heck my memory is about shot...lol But they will give you a price....if you trust the guy..lol
Nice finds..like the ring.
HH
Randy

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats...WTG.

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
Nice Haul Partnr, that necklace could be real gold! I bought one in Thailand in 1973 and it has a similar clasp. It is soft enough to bend closed. I don't have a pic because my mother still has the necklace. Hope it turns out to be 24K!

C

Clam Digga

Nice Haul... The ring is sweet and I like that chain and would bet that makes 2 Golds today. Get it all checked and get the ring free appraisal.

Congrat on the Gold Dude!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
P,

nice group of finds.

Congrat on your first gold ;)

Hope you will have many more gold finds.

have a good un............................

OP
OP
partenr

partenr

Jan 12, 2007
Eastern Washington State
Detector(s) used
White's Classic II
Funny thing, my fiance and her Mom sd they though the chain was plated as it's a little different color than most gold jewelry. With the tips I've gotten form other fine forum citizens, it's looking like this might be a 23K Thai chain. Apparently the different Karats vary in color.

Man I love MDing.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
partenr said:
Funny thing, my fiance and her Mom sd they though the chain was plated as it's a little different color than most gold jewelry. With the tips I've gotten form other fine forum citizens, it's looking like this might be a 23K Thai chain. Apparently the different Karats vary in color.

Man I love MDing.
From what I understand Europe and the US jewelers shy away from 24K gold because it's so soft. Chinese, Indian and other countries use it all the time.

Look closely on the necklace for a tiny 9999.

That would be better than 24K. I hope it is!

Keep us posted!

Ridley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions