My first month

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I picked up the CTX and received it 12 November. After about 2 1/2 weeks I am getting the hang of the CTX and playing around with all the functions. What a great machine. Didn't ind anything super spectacular. A '48 Rosie, 7 silver rings and a titanium, dead iPod touch, sunglasses, a watch, lots of clad. Total time maybe 40 hours or so. I can honestly say I'm hooked. My wife says it's supposed to be a hobby not an occupation haha. Thanks for all the info from the forums, it has been priceless and very quick to pickup once the CTX actually arrived.

e9u7amyh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 6

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
ALL sorts of goodies there! You have been busy! Been contemplating a CTX purchase myself!

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
7 rings in 2 1/2 weeks! Whatever you're doing, you're doing right. Much more right than I did at that point lol. Plus your Minelab does seem to be rockin'! Good research on it!

Keep it up, even as a hobby you've already rocked.

"didn't find anything spectacular". "7 silver rings". YAAAGH! Hehe, well, I'm jealous if I could do that well.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, my girl kicked me to the curb for the same reason your wife stated!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff for so early on. Yes you certainly have to find a balance with the detecting and the relationship. My gf bought me my T2 SE so I always tell her that she paid all that money and I want her to know how much I loved my gift. Lucky for her we live in Maine and I'm in for a 4 or 5 month break :-( keep your girl happy my friend. I do at least one date night a week. Best of luck with your future hunts. Good start

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You have been busy. Good job.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you had a great month

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow,what an assortment of goodies! Even though you didn't hit the mother lode there is nothing like this hobby.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you do a date night don't let your wife see you put the detector in vehicle mine busted me LOL but I told her our date would be dinner at the park and she said o.k. gotta love an enabling wife.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not a bad start at all. I am lucky I got the wife and kids into it, and if they don't want to go......well its all good as im out of her hair! lol

OP
OP
Bejamble

Bejamble

Oct 2, 2013
Guam
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Excal II, Fisher 1280X, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No doubt about finding a balance. Its nice that we have beach so close as the girls can play on the beach while I go out in the water. My wife is very supportive and finds it interesting as well. We have a 2 years old so its a bit difficult to get her out with me, but in time, she will. Thanks all, I can't complain about finds so far, no gold, but some silver and WWII ammo/shrapnel. I do need to use a better camera as the one on my iphone sucks (lens cover is scratched). Its tough to make out much in the photo. Thanks again for great words!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul.

I've had a CTX since August. It took me a few hunts to get a feel for it, but now I smoke everyone almost every time. Great machine. I have at least 200 hours on it. There are so many ways of setting up the machine that you have to go over a place a few times to actually feel like it may be cleaned out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread