I love my metal detector...and being lucky!

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll combine the past two days to keep from overloading the board. Yesterday, I hit one of the elementary schools close by and dug a little over $3 in clad. About 15 minutes from calling it a day, I realized I had the sensitivity on my AT Pro down to a half from the night before searching the wood chips in the local tot lot. I bumped it up and within a minute, found this.
gold ring 3.jpg gold ring 3.1.jpg
It's unmarked, but I'm pretty sure it's 10k. I need to get a test kit. It's a little strange, as the pattern looks like it was done by hand...it's not symmetrical, but still cool. Inside the band, there is a < > mark that's maybe where a karat stamp should be? This is ring #9 since getting my ATP in late August.

Today, I was in a field outside of town. Walking the edge, I found a cool NC Chauffeur's License pin.
license.jpg
About 8" deep...wasn't sure what it was to begin with, but with a little spit, I was able to make it out. :laughing7:

After walking the edge of the field a little longer, I took a random line to the adjoining side. Just as luck would have it...and I do mean luck...I swung my coil across this gem...
big cent front.jpg big cent back.jpg
I thought it was just a blank at first, but after I popped it in my mouth, I discovered I had my best find to date...an 1803 Large Cent!!! I made it across the field only finding mystery metal and tin slaw. I will be back, I hope, before they plant the field again!!!

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 7

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am also a fan of the quick mouth-clean! Same with shark's teeth. I pop 'em right into my mouth and then spit them into a bag when I have a wad. haha!

Stellar digs! That ring is going to be 22 or .999. My buddy found an obscenely yellow ring earlier this year marked "99", tested at 18K or higher, so...

GL / HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread