Arkansas Relic Hunt: Tenn. Trio & Okie Friends-Lots of Relics & Big Cottonmouth-Video

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Arkansas Relic Hunt: Tenn. Trio & Okie Friends-Lots of Relics & Big Cottonmouth-Video

The Tennessee Trio met our Oklahoma friends John Freeman & John Jr. (J.J.) in central Arkansas on Dec. 1 to hunt CW sites. The Freemans scouted an old home site in the path of a large group of soldiers on Sunday morning. J.J. recovered a nice 1875 seated dime and 1865 IH penny there. They both recovered a few CW bullets there. Not a camp but a travel route.
We arrived about noon and the 5 of us returned to a site where many soldiers camped for a short period. We have recovered many relics from that camp but the finds are now getting thin. John recovered the center of an eagle breastplate and 2 eagle buttons in a little hot spot on Sunday afternoon. I dug part of a U.S. regulation spur and Josh wanted me to trade it to him for a .58 cal. 3 ringer-did not happen-LOL. First day finds are in the first pic. On Monday, we hunted the old house site on the military road where the Freemans hunted on Sunday morning. Dman recovered a piece of a lead bar used for molding bullets. It had “CO” molded into it. I dig a smaller piece of lead bar with “T L O” molded into it. John dug an early IH but the date was unreadable. Josh dug 3 Enfields with one being much smaller than the standard .577 cal. Our Monday finds are in pic 2 with the yellow box with an eagle button in it..
There was much excitement in the swamp woods when Josh almost stepped on a BIG live Cottonmouth. He just happened to see it in time. We never dreamed one would still be out in December. If you watch the video, you will see J.J. holding it up. Keep in mind that J.J. is 6 ft. 4 inches tall. The snake is shown when Josh first saw it in the last pic. That was a dangerous reptile out and active in December!!
We returned to the camp on Tuesday morning and hunted for 4 hours. This is probably the last time we will hunt that site. John dug a large two piece button with old English “A’ on a lined field with a wreath on both sides. It may be civilian. We all dug a few bullets and knapsack/harness brads. My best find was a carved bullet. Dman called me today and discovered that he had also dug a “tooth” carved from lead after cleaning his finds. Pic #3 is of yesterday’s finds.
We had a great time with our friends. No real outstanding finds but a great time and we dug over 100 relics total. We hope to do it again somewhere next spring. HH from the Tennessee Trio, John Sr., and John Freeman Jr. Enjoy the video. Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0844.JPG
    DSCN0844.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
  • DSCN0848.JPG
    DSCN0848.JPG
    970.4 KB · Views: 242
  • DSCN0850.JPG
    DSCN0850.JPG
    891.7 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_4563.jpg
    IMG_4563.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 7

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is a lot of relics dug in a short amount of time. Did you tell Doug that if poked that nest in the tree with a stick, relics would fall out? :laughing7:

Great stuff there, and glad that snake didn't end the trip early!!!

It was 79 degrees here today. Wish I had been out hunting!

Cheers,

Buck

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS--if Doug had worn that shirt and tie, then he wouldn't have needed that blaze orange. The only hunter that might've shot him would've been a lady with a rifle. Any MAN would've run away when they saw those colors. :D

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks to everyone who looked and took time to reply.
MM, Josh wanted NO PART of that snake-LOL. HH, Q.
BB, In regard to Dman throwing rocks at that hornets nest and thinking relics would fall out, how do you think the nest got holes in it?
BB & Steve in PA, if Dman had worn that pea green golf shirt & funky tie like he did in one video, the snake would have crawled into a hole!!
Happy hunting, Q.

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Quindy that snake just wanted a huge and kiss
snake1.gif

Nice digs man you guys look like you had a good old time
clap.gif

I still get a kick out of your accent
amuse.gif

Blaze

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Quindy that snake just wanted a huge and kiss
snake1.gif

Nice digs man you guys look like you had a good old time
clap.gif

I still get a kick out of your accent
amuse.gif

Blaze

Thanks JB!!! It's a good thing that I quit videoing before Dman walked over and saw the snake. His remark was not for all audiences-LOL. Keep the passion high Bud. As to my accent: Just an old Tennessee boy trying to dig a few relics. HH, Q.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
PS--if Doug had worn that shirt and tie, then he wouldn't have needed that blaze orange. The only hunter that might've shot him would've been a lady with a rifle. Any MAN would've run away when they saw those colors. :D
I have been working a lot since we got back from Ark. and have just now been able to catch up on some of Quindy's posts. I believe I detect just a little note of jealously from Buckleboy. I know you all would love to be hot like me. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread