Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
-
Went to Huntington City Beach for a couple hours early today. I noticed the other day there was a dozer pushing sand away from the Lifeguard Towers and in some places he pushed up to two feet of sand.

Just as the sun was rising, in front of one tower within three feet from one leg of the tower, I hit my first gold necklace with my AT Pro. It's says 14k and Italy on a tag on the connector and has what I assume a small diamond in the small gold heart (2.42 gr total). If it wasn't for the heart on the chain, I doubt it would ever have found the chain.

I also found around other towers, a little wheel shaped thing full of stones, that I have no idea what it is. Must be from some type of jewelry. My first Euro coin (1-cent Euro), and other miscellaneous costume jewelry along with clad not pictured.

I know what some of you are thinking. I didn't use the ATX this morning because Huntington dry sand is fairly trashy, the tide was high, and I'm not proficient enough with it in the light, let alone in the dark :)

Thank for dropping by

P1030963.JPG -- P1030962.JPG -- P1030964.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 4

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lucky dog,i only found half of one today

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto-had to work and it's raining. Congrats on finding the gold necklace!
Same with my detector, it probably wouldn't find it unless something was attached to it or it was in a heap, how often does a necklace fall in a heap!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.Gold is always sweet.HH.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome SoCal! Very nice finds! Thanks for the invite to join you and the Doc for a little hunt!
Keep me posted!
RG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread