Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

LOL...THIS IS WHAT KEEPS US GOING !!!!!!

I had a couple hours to spare today...so i went to a old site i been to about a dozen times...last time i went there i got skunked.

Thought I,d try again..... I have taken over 30 coins outta this site... 1880 - 1930.... no signs of any foundations or anything ....just remnants of a old road to the shore.

Walked into the woods and almost immediately hit a scratchy signal.... I passed it up and the circled back around to it again... again it was scratchy and jumpy but was showing some high numbers. I dug it down 5 inches..out popped the 3 pence and the Veeder button stuck together.I had a coin I hadn,t found before so was very happy...covered the hole and swung the detector over it again to re-check...another 72 signal...out pops the worn quarter... now i,m really smiling... stuck the pinpointer back in the hole...it rings out...DIG..DIG.. out comes the 1908 quarter !!!!!!!

So I cover the hole thinking thats gotta be all.....take the pic of the 3 coins and button.... then decide to make a last swing...another 72 signal ...at this point I,m grinning and kinda in disbelief at the same time !!!

DIG...DIG.. out pops the 2 dimes !!!! Covered the hole and that was all of them.....of course Icovered the surrounding area very thoroughly.

Went on to find 1898 silver 5 cent / 1901 lg cent / 1913 lg cent / 1885 indian head.. and a blank worn copper !!!

Now this was a site I swore was hunted out and I made a post on TODAYS FINDS a couple months ago showing a few coins I found there after I thought it was dead....then I went back again and got skunked.... then this !!!!!

By far my best coin day yet !!!!

2013-12-05 13.52.43.jpg 2013-12-05 13.53.41.jpg 2013-12-05 13.54.16.jpg 2013-12-05 13.55.48.jpg 2013-12-05 13.56.34.jpg 2013-12-05 13.57.57.jpg 2013-12-05 13.58.57.jpg 2013-12-05 14.00.15.jpg 2013-12-05 14.03.24.jpg 2013-12-05 14.46.35.jpg 2013-12-05 17.50.20.jpg 2013-12-05 17.59.14.jpg 2013-12-05 18.00.48.jpg 2013-12-05 18.01.30.jpg 2013-12-05 18.06.25.jpg 2013-12-05 18.07.06.jpg 2013-12-05 18.08.44.jpg 2013-12-05 18.09.37.jpg 2013-12-05 18.10.46.jpg

Upvote 29

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!!! Now what is that saying.....hmmmm...."no place is ever hunted out". Yeah! You proved that royally!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with coin spills is they come in jumpy most the time. :BangHead: So not a lot of people dig them. :dontknow: Great recovery good job, nice old coins !! :icon_thumleft:

keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem with coin spills is they come in jumpy most the time. :BangHead: So not a lot of people dig them. :dontknow: Great recovery good job, nice old coins !! :icon_thumleft:

Yes---your correct.... the more coins I took outta the hole... the clearer the signal became. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,something to think about. !!!!!

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aqua , that right there is enough to get me to move way north ! I so want to dig Queen Victoria silver coins !!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All I can say is " Holy..." Oops, I had to self censor. What an incredible find and great details given. Thanks for the pictures and description of the finds. Great coppers too!:thumb_up::notworthy:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: Congrats.Wtg.Very nice finds.HH.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's a good point, I noticed that also.I'll dig jumpy signals if they are in a coin range for my machine.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the look of old Canadian coins 1.gif

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt Aqua, what a way to wrap up the season :hello2:. I hope you can start the next season just like it.:icon_thumright:
Congrats,
ZDD

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer hunt Aqua, what a way to wrap up the season :hello2:. I hope you can start the next season just like it.:icon_thumright:
Congrats,
ZDD

Was about the most fun day yet---was quite a thrill wondering what the next coin was gonna be ..lol.

Hopefully it is not the last day----if we have a open winter i will get out lots done here...being next to the ocean ..it usually means warmer temperatures.

I need to get myself another detector..one that will handle wet saltwater.....then i can go hunt all winter and get my exercise---love getting out doors. !!!

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Your one of the only guys I know with hunted out sites, mine keep giving every year, always something to find!
Walking away from"iffy" signals is walking away from treasure

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds from a hunted out place. I have a lot next to my office that I've hunted to death. I've pulled 5 silver, 2 tokens, a dozen or so wheats, a vintage sheriff badge and tons of other stuff in 1 1/2 years. My hunt buddy Rob was working it today while I was here at the office. He found Nothing whatsoever. My last three hunts at that site produced 3 pennies each hunt. Clad, not even copper. I swear that there is nothing left. But I'm going to work it again, and I betcha something else will reveal itself. That makes it interesting. No doubt.

Great finds

HH.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent coin spill. I love seeing spills that are old. the Veeder thing is from a bicycle cyclometer 5888578_3630WOWOK.jpg

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your one of the only guys I know with hunted out sites, mine keep giving every year, always something to find!
Walking away from"iffy" signals is walking away from treasure

HAHA.... THAT IS BECAUSE I,M A NEWB TO DETECTING !!!!

LOL.. seriously though I am... lots to be learnt !!!

But seriously---i,ve been to this spot at least 12-15 times and it,s only about 2 acres of all woods.... but found this spill about 50 feet below where I,ve always hunted.....with the winter close it has made for great hunting in the woods as all the under growth has died.

There is a field butting up to it and i have never found even 1 coin in it....really odd.....and there is pretty much only coins on this site and old iron junk....almost nothing else...REALLY ODD I THINK.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

But seriously---i,ve been to this spot at least 12-15 times and it,s only about 2 acres of all woods.... but found this spill about 50 feet below where I,ve always hunted.....with the winter close it has made for great hunting in the woods as all the under growth has died.

There is a field butting up to it and i have never found even 1 coin in it....really odd.....and there is pretty much only coins on this site and old iron junk....almost nothing else...REALLY ODD I THINK.

The only thing I would say is ,yet...coins and big iron are the easy signals, when the easy ones are gone, the rest remain

There may have been a path or road through the wooded area, or a clearing , although the field. Is a field now and woods is a woods now, a hundred years ago their roles could have been reversed

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aqua, you can tell allot about a field by what you don't find. If you don't find Ox Knobs, Ox shoes and horse tack buckles then chances are it isn't all that old. Rick and I hunted a large field in a very old area these week but didn't come up with any thing, that tells me the the field was made and maintained by tractors so it will never produce anything other then may be a random drop. Do I want to spend hours hunting 20 acres for a maybe copper or silver? I would rather find a field that I know was worked the old school way, that's where the goodies will be.:thumbsup:
ZDD

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aqua, you can tell allot about a field by what you don't find. If you don't find Ox Knobs, Ox shoes and horse tack buckles then chances are it isn't all that old. Rick and I hunted a large field in a very old area these week but didn't come up with any thing, that tells me the the field was made and maintained by tractors so it will never produce anything other then may be a random drop. Do I want to spend hours hunting 20 acres for a maybe copper or silver? I would rather find a field that I know was worked the old school way, that's where the goodies will be.:thumbsup:
ZDD

AGREED !!

In this little site I,ve found about a dozen ox shoes...so obviously it was a field at one time and also there is about 20 pine trees on it ....PINE TREES DON,T GROW DOWN HERE !!!

So yes..obviously it must have been and field worked with oxen and then probably turned into a living place or store maybe....there is a old train buttment where the train turned to head back to town just 300 yards from there...was a very long time ago before and during the wars...was a peir where they would pick up soldiers/coal etc......railway no longer exists and the peir is long gone also...........only the cement turntable for the train remains to remind us of life long ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions