Could this Quarter have been used for a Coin Toss?

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these goodies at an old and well hunted ball field site. Sure at one time this site has given up a lot of silver coins as I played there in the late 50's and early 60's. The amount of clad told me it hasn't been hunted lately. This place has to have the deepest topsoil around before it hits clay. Loose and dark brown. I found the Pandora style bracelet, earring and dog charm with my G2. Both Mickey's are marked Disney, one says .925 and the gold one is marked but I can't read it. Believe its 10k as the ears are worn down at top and its still gold on edges. Gold #7 for the year if it tests right. Changed over to the ET and found the 39' George(8" and silver coin#54) and 57' wheat. The quarter was almost in the middle of where the old football field was. Made me wonder if used for a coin toss at a football game. Now used for soccer with the field post removed. Clad came to 4.50. Throw pennies in jar and don't count them. Also got 6 nickels. The 1943s war nickel was found Tuesday at the base of a old Oak tree in a new friends yard. Ran in really high at 12-39 using TTF. You just can't beat a FBS unit for deep silver coins. IMHO Thanks for looking JR

Attachments

• 20131207_122541.jpg
    20131207_122541.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 318
  • 20131206_150356.jpg
    20131206_150356.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 255
Upvote 6

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of silver. It shows you just can't hunt a place out. Also, if you're finding deep clad, it could be that it just hasn't been hunted for a really long time and the metal detectors from back then just didn't go as deep. Way to go!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real nice finds, silver and gold! Congrats!
I've been hoping to find a pandora bracelet or at lest a charm, it's on the bucket list.

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds!

OP
OP
ShovelNose

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke to park employees and they mention that the parking lot on top of hill was sold and they would be doing a new parking lot at field level and would be working on the field layout so could be a layer off the top. Keeping an eye out. No one had an exact date. Looked at the dates on the clad and all but a couple were late 80's on up. The ground there has a fast sink rate due to it being loosely packed.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
congrats on your finds!! i hope the charm on the bracelet is gold !!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive by that park almost every week thinking I should get back there. I am glad it was you that did. Nice finds and I hope the bracelet charm is gold. Congrats on silver #54. I didn't realize you where that 54 silvers. Definitely having a great year.

OP
OP
ShovelNose

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys, I have had more large old silver including my first silver dollar, than in the past years of hunting also. Also my oldest 1841 half dime. Woo Hoo!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions