Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up early and hit my favorite 2 tot-lots,but found only paper clips and bobby pins,pull tabs,rusty nails and foil.Went home and changed into warmer clothes,temp. here was in the 30's with a strong northern wind blowing.After striking out at my 1st tot-lot I decided to go to my old school that I went to back in the 70's.It sure has changed since I was there,there was 4 different play scapes and it had swings,all we had was grass & dirt.So I started up the ace250 and first swing I got was a quarter and then another ,and then another,a nickle here and a nickle there,a couple of dimes and some pennies,along with foil,bobby pins and some foil.All together I brought home $1.32,my second best for a tot-lot.

Upvote 3

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.I go to 3 tot lots and it can be feast or famine.HH.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try a soccer field, to throw in your tot lot mix. I hear the fans are very careless and have slippery fingers!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a huge soccer field and sledding hill not 1/8 mike from my house. The hill has been used forever. I've been so obsessed with old foundations and points that I've never checked this spot. Putting it on the spring list right now!:-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you to be able to get out. Congrats! Sledding hills can be real good. I want to try a soccer field.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found some clad and junk jewelry in a tot lot I detect once in a while. As long as I find something, I don't feel like it's a wasted trip. I wouldn't turn some nice jewelry down, tho.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread