Thought I was back in the game!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my old Nautilus back that I sent in for repairs in late Oct. Finally got out today,and went to a site I scouted back in Sept. Headed straight for a high spot in the middle of the field and was hearing lots of iron bits and cut nails. Picked up a couple of finds Including a seated half dime that had been holed. Anyways, I thought it was all good with the machine until it crapped out totally after 2hrs. of hunting :BangHead: I'm NOT going to send it back in! Hopefully I won't be benched for the rest of the season as I'm trying to figure out how to come up with some cash to get a new machine! Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent! seated 003.jpg seated 001.jpg seated 002.jpg

Upvote 3

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've got more patience than me my friend! I would've wrapped that baby around a tree :-) Just kidding but I would've wanted too especially knowing there was some great stuff just below my feet. Best of luck finding a new machine

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've got more patience than me my friend! I would've wrapped that baby around a tree :-) Just kidding but I would've wanted too especially knowing there was some great stuff just below my feet. Best of luck finding a new machine
Believe me bro, It was all I could do to restrain myself! I was in serious P.O. mode after that.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know I said I was kidding because I don't want to sound like the "crazy guy" but that would not have gone over well at all. I have a couple of golf clubs from my younger years that have paid the price. And they didn't do anything wrong :-)

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know I said I was kidding because I don't want to sound like the "crazy guy" but that would not have gone over well at all. I have a couple of golf clubs from my younger years that have paid the price. And they didn't do anything wrong :-)
I guess I've got look at it this way, I've used it for 24 years and It's helped me find a lot of good stuff. The old girl was hanging on today, but It's time to move on. Not bad for the last hunt with her!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check it for something dumb. Like the battery coming unhooked. But, then, I most CERTAINLY would vent some of my frustration on the phone to the "experts" who fix things soooo well that they last 2 hours in the field! Hit 'em where they live. Their "reputation".

Sorry for the loss but now you got something to ask Santa about. ;)

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry to hear about the detector problems... on the bright side that is one awesome half dime!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I've got look at it this way, I've used it for 24 years and It's helped me find a lot of good stuff. The old girl was hanging on today, but It's time to move on. Not bad for the last hunt with her!
All joking aside you're absolutely right and that's the only way to look at it. Time to start a new chapter with a lighter, deeper, shinier new toy that finds you stuff you've only dreamed of finding. Go get the machine of your dreams my man and never look back

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd check it for something dumb. Like the battery coming unhooked. But, then, I most CERTAINLY would vent some of my frustration on the phone to the "experts" who fix things soooo well that they last 2 hours in the field! Hit 'em where they live. Their "reputation".

Sorry for the loss but now you got something to ask Santa about. ;)
OH YEAH! you can cool believe there will be a phone call made!As for the Santa thing, I've got to work some magic on Santa to pull this one off! :laughing7:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH YEAH! you can cool believe there will be a phone call made!As for the Santa thing, I've got to work some magic on Santa to pull this one off! :laughing7:

Make those "experts" pay for part of the new AT-Pro. ;) LOL

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordinarily, I'd have thought it was a good day of hunting, but I guess the problems with my machine out shined the finds in a new site. The other 2 pieces are to a musket sling, or so I've been told as I've found a bunch of these in different CW sites over the years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread