To much rain today but I did find something.

G

garbage digger

My wife decided that she would really like to join the wonderful world of MD'ing and today I ran into a retired elder gentle man that had this lovely machine laying around. Well we spoke for a bit and I walked away with a machine that had only been used a couple of hours for $150.00 complete with carry case. This will be my new back up and a machine for the wife to learn on, so although it was to rainy to detect I did find a great deal on this little old beauty. Have any of you used this machine before? We will have to wait and see how she performs in the field. Wish us luck, Daniel

SABRE.jpg

Upvote 0

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you did ok. Tsgman

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I think you got a great deal! Aren't those pretty expensive machines? I love that your wife wants to go with you on your hunting adventures! Kudos to her! Looking forward to hearing you stories.

HH,
Moon

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal! I hear the Tesoros are nice machines and very lite weight. HH, Mike

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Daniel, you did well on the purchase but you also made a very good contact - that elderly gent may know of great old places in the area to hunt, or may even let you search his property now that he knows you, which would be a plus if he owns an older home.

Nat

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
Wow, I'd take that over some crappy barber quarter any day !!! I use the cortez, great machine. I bought it in october '06, and i can usually already tell the difference between a wheat and an IH, the disc on the tesoros is amazing. I have yet to dig a pulltab that I didn't know was a pulltab, and I've hit more than a few nickels. On mine I have manual ground balance, and as soon as I start to usin' that I should be getting a lot deeper. As it is, I can usually hit dimes at about 4-6" in disc.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digger,
I've been using a Tesoro Cutlass Umax since 1999. It is a great easy to use machine. Your Silver Umax is actually the next step up from my machine. You will enjoy your new purchase. They have a lifetime warranty too, but I'm not sure if it is transferable? Great buy on that detector.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread