Ever have an embarrassing moment in this hobby? - Page 26
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: Ever have an embarrassing moment in this hobby?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Sep 2015
    In MI woods
    AT PRO
    1499 times
    Metal Detecting
    At the beach after work 2 am in my torn up oil stained clothes this kid comes up and says here man and shoves his pocket change in my hand! Guess he thought i was homeless.
    GB1, WHADIFIND and Inspector like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
    EQUINOX 800
    23834 times
    Metal Detecting
    I put my own silver liberty dumb and a plug to see if my metal detector would hit it and lost it.

And I’ve done that twice LOL
    GB1, WHADIFIND and Inspector like this.

Charter Member
    us
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it” ― Thomas Jefferson

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23834 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by HighVDI View Post
    Only one time when I went out swinging a Garrett.
    LMFAO!!!!!
    WHADIFIND and Ia.FurTrade like this.

us
    Metal Detecting & Hotwheels Collecting

Sep 2014
    Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
    Nox 600, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, 2x Bounty Hunter loaners, Deteknix
    5490 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Not me, but my hunting partner. Sunday morning hunt, park on edge of hay field to start our 1/2 hour hike up a big hill to our site to hunt. We had hunted for about 10 minutes when my partner comes and tells me he had lost his cell phone. We searched the area he had been hunting and I was repeatedly calling his number listning for the ring. We started our trip back down the hill looking and got all the way back to the truck and had not found it. The trip down took an hour because 8f the search. I checked inside the truck and the phone layed on his seat.

Not done yet. We climbed back up the hill, took a 10 minute break and were getting ready to go back swinging, when he tells me he has lost his phone again. UNREAL, We started back down again and I'm ringing his number non-stop again and fortunately found the phone at about 200' from the site.

I picked up the phone, put it my pack and would let him have it till we were done for the day. That's the way our hunt went for the day also.
    cudamark, GB1 and WHADIFIND like this.
    Any day of hunting, whether good or bad is better than not hunting at all

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    7577 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-The Burgh Hunter View Post
    I was walking down a hill when I tripped over something. As I was running down the hill to try to regain my balance I dropped my metal detector and my pants fell down (I was going commando that day). When I finally hit the bottom of the hill, I fell to my hands and knees. So there I was on all fours with my bum in the air.
    Where's the candid camera video when you need it?!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Jan 2019
    Ohio
    WHITES MX SPORT
    560 times
    Let me put it this way, DONT EVER GO METAL DETECTING WITH STEAL TOE BOOTS!!!! dame signals were everywhere!
    Truth, WHADIFIND and GB1 like this.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23834 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-The Burgh Hunter View Post
    I was walking down a hill when I tripped over something. As I was running down the hill to try to regain my balance I dropped my metal detector and my pants fell down (I was going commando that day). When I finally hit the bottom of the hill, I fell to my hands and knees. So there I was on all fours with my bum in the air.
    I would’ve cracked up laughing I love when people fall especially when they run to try to save it down hill. Pants falling down I would’ve paid to see it. Lmao
    WHADIFIND and GB1 like this.

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    16406 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    OMG! 😲 Is my face red!!!

I stopped into a local store for supplies and along the way I scanned the parking lot on the way in, like I always do. Checked the coin machines, even the returns of the soda and candy machines. Nothing!

Got my stuff, 21.10. I paid and the clerk stopped me. He asked if I had anymore dimes like this!
    He held up a pretty Silver Rosie that I'd just paid with...I stuttered and then lied no....that was my last dime. Trying not to show too much grief!
    GB1 and releventchair like this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Oct 2008
    Northern California
    Minelab EQ800 & Makro Multi Kruzer, the rest are collecting dust...
    1375 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Cannot say I've done that before, BUT when I used to have a Sunray inline probe, I cannot tell you how many times I'd forget to switch it from probe to coil and I'd be detecting for 5-10 minutes before I realized it was still on probe mode - lol

I also once found both parts to a gold rush era tongue and wreath buckle (fairly rare find out here) and somehow the female part fell out of my finds pouch while detecting and I've been unable to relocate it....sigh.

Charter Member
    us

Apr 2016
    EQUINOX 800
    23834 times
    Metal Detecting
    Putting a muddy trouser button in your mouth thinking it’s a half real.
    GB1 and WHADIFIND like this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    15365 times
    WHADIFIND, the dime may have found its way into your pocket when you were sorting your silver. I have dropped wheats and couldn't find them, then later found a "penny" on the floor and put it in with my change, not checking it.

I think we all have similar stories.
    GB1 and WHADIFIND like this.

Stumbles In Corn ..........(Thanks Treblehunter!)

Apr 2012
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Garrett AT-PRO, Garrett Groundhog, Pro-Pointer, Jack Hammer!
    16406 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Msbeepbeep View Post
    WHADIFIND, the dime may have found its way into your pocket when you were sorting your silver. I have dropped wheats and couldn't find them, then later found a "penny" on the floor and put it in with my change, not checking it.

I think we all have similar stories.
    Oh I'm sure it was just a circulating dime. I just hadn't checked recently, didn't know it was in there.

The irony is a bit much though.

About dropping those old coins? I've been trying to convince people that these coins we find do *NOT* want to be found! Just watch and see if those professional hiders don't try to jump out of your hand AND....try to roll away and hide again! How many times has a coin jumped right back in the hole?

Watch 'em close!
    releventchair and GB1 like this.
    "A good day has no rain. A bad day; is when I lie in bed and think of things that might have been." -Paul Simon

If you need to fill some time: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/to...ent-hobby.html

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    15365 times
    Lol for sure!
    WHADIFIND likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre.
    19589 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    lets see what i did today. i fell in the creek behind my house while it was 37 outside
    audemus jura nostra defendere

neque deditionem

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links