nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I took the day off Wednesday being the weather finally give us a Beautiful afternoon and I had been going crazy wanting to try out my new machine. I have also been wanting to have alittle family gathering in the field, So I text my brother and my son and told them let's go detecting. We went to a site that me and hillbilly has hit several times but I was hoping there would still be some good recoveries and it would give me a challenging site that would be fun to tryout my New F75.
We dug flat buttons, a Lead seal, a huge buckle that I am pretty sure is Horse tack related, also found was a Nose cap from a early muzzleloader and several other homesite relics.
I never have a bad day when I am out Metal Detecting, because I am enjoying a historical place that I can stand there and look over and try to visualize how it must had been so many years ago, being so different from the present and than recover relics that use to be part of their daily life and than share that moment with Family and friends is just something that is Awesome to me.

Thanks for Looking and Everyone have a Safe and Merry Christmas, Bill

Attachments

• 100_1591.JPG
    100_1591.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 100_1588.JPG
    100_1588.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 100_1587.JPG
    100_1587.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 2

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Finds! I Was Thinking About Buying A F75 Here Soon. Do You Like It Pretty Well?

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful buckle and toe tap Bill! :thumbsup:

Congrats,
Dave

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I never have a bad day when I am out Metal Detecting, because I am enjoying a historical place that I can stand there and look over and try to visualize how it must had been so many years ago, being so different from the present and than recover relics that use to be part of their daily life and than share that moment with Family and friends is just something that is Awesome to me."

Well said Bill. :thumbsup: That was a super hunt. Nice job on the relics. I like that nose cap. I've only dug one of those so far.
Happy Holidays Big Guy. :occasion14:-Doug-

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice Finds! I Was Thinking About Buying A F75 Here Soon. Do You Like It Pretty Well?

Thanks, This was my first time of using a F75 and mine is the black SE. I took with me alittle cheat sheet of settings that i put together and just hoped for the best after that. I have some learning to do about quieting the machine down because it is one noisy chatter box even with mid sensitivity. I believe the machine becomes more excited about finding something than I do,lol. My two favorite things about the machine so far with only using it once is, it is very light and the processing speed is amazing.
I Got A Great deal on my machine and I received about $800 (retail) in coils with it so I am very happy with it and was very pleased with my finds the first time out searching in a pounded high iron area.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful buckle and toe tap Bill! :thumbsup:

Congrats,
Dave

Thanks Dave, the buckle was a big surprise being at 4 inches wide, I will probably give this in a display I am working on to the Landowner. it will make a great conversation piece and display nice for being part of the History of his farm.

Happy Holidays

Last edited:
OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks good Bill!! Good luck in 2014. HH, Q.

Thanks Quindy, It was just Great getting out and sharing the day with Family. I hope you and the rest of the trio have a excellent 2014 ,You all do alot for this hobby and I always enjoy reading your post.
Merry Christmas, Bill

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"I never have a bad day when I am out Metal Detecting, because I am enjoying a historical place that I can stand there and look over and try to visualize how it must had been so many years ago, being so different from the present and than recover relics that use to be part of their daily life and than share that moment with Family and friends is just something that is Awesome to me."

Well said Bill. :thumbsup: That was a super hunt. Nice job on the relics. I like that nose cap. I've only dug one of those so far.
Happy Holidays Big Guy. :occasion14:-Doug-

Thanks Doug, It's always interesting and exciting wondering just what is next to give a good signal beneath our coils. I have to give credit to my son on this nose cap, he doesn't hunt much because he is usually chasing girls lol, but every so often he will get out with me and most always he will show me up with a good find.

I hope you have a great 2014 and Happy Holidays, Bill

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score, nose cap now I know what those are I've got about 10 of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread