Vermont copper and Vermont Militia button from Santa !!

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

Our family opened gifts last night "Christmas eve". I thought that I would show off two of my gifts. One is a Vermont copper, variety RR16. The other is an undug Vermont Militia button! I am very pleased with both! I also got another shoe buckle, crotal bell, jew harp and the usual, much needed, clothing and tools.
Very cold day here in VT on this Chrismas day. I hope all is well with every one !!!

VPR

Attachments

• 002_1_8.JPG
    002_1_8.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 003_1_7.JPG
    003_1_7.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 005_1_6.JPG
    005_1_6.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 007_1_7.JPG
    007_1_7.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 008_1_6.JPG
    008_1_6.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 8

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Button looks great!

Shelbe

Feb 10, 2013
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Have used a Whites that I bought when I was 17, it was broken in storage this winter, Looking at a Garret 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

Our family opened gifts last night "Christmas eve". I thought that I would show off two of my gifts. One is a Vermont copper, variety RR16. The other is an undug Vermont Militia button! I am very pleased with both! I also got another shoe buckle, crotal bell, jew harp and the usual, much needed, clothing and tools.
Very cold day here in VT on this Chrismas day. I hope all is well with every one !!!

VPR

Hello from one Vermonter to another!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Santa was very nice to you!

Ya know, I've often wondered how many people actually get presents on Christmas that pertain to their hobby. I mean, this hobby. Everybody KNOWS where my passions lie these days. But, I NEVER get anything remotely useful, (oops!), I mean useable in my hobby. Nothing! What does one have to do? Write out a list and check it twice, THEN, self gift!?!? LOL

Merry Christmas!

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
awesome gifts!

Attachments

• FotoFlexer_Photo newest.jpg
    FotoFlexer_Photo newest.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 148

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome gifts! Merry Christmas.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both are great. We are a weird animal because most out there would prefer the coin or the button, but many detecting people have an appetite for both.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Santa was very nice to you!

Ya know, I've often wondered how many people actually get presents on Christmas that pertain to their hobby. I mean, this hobby. Everybody KNOWS where my passions lie these days. But, I NEVER get anything remotely useful, (oops!), I mean useable in my hobby. Nothing! What does one have to do? Write out a list and check it twice, THEN, self gift!?!? LOL

Merry Christmas!

A list would be necessary for sure, but if you're anything like me you don't necessarily wait until Christmas to get something you want or need. That's sort of how I am for other stuff too so I'm pretty hard to buy for. But we keep the whole Christmas thing pretty low key.... well except for my nieces and nephews which gets crazy for the amount, but not so much for dollar value.

For self-gifting, ok, I did buy myself a new detector Christmas eve because I really didn't think Santa would have any left by the time he crossed New England and made his way here.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was pretty happy with my gifts! Think she's coming around to this whole detecting thing. Like she says I could have worse hobbies. :-)

View attachment 917973

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I give up it won't post my pic! Stupid iphone

View attachment 917976

Pro pointer, some wax, and a few reference books.

I tend to use google more than my books, but I love having them! In fact, now that you mentioned it, I might buy a couple today since it has been a while. Happy boxing day presents to me. :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tend to use google more than my books, but I love having them! In fact, now that you mentioned it, I might buy a couple today since it has been a while. Happy boxing day presents to me. :)
To me there's just something special about sitting down with an actual book on a cold winters day. I get tired of staring at my phone or computer screen. But I must admit, it's so quick and easy to hit up Google. Go get those books I.P. and good luck out there today. Keep your elbows up and swinging :-)

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me there's just something special about sitting down with an actual book on a cold winters day. I get tired of staring at my phone or computer screen. But I must admit, it's so quick and easy to hit up Google. Go get those books I.P. and good luck out there today. Keep your elbows up and swinging :-)

It will take me a while to decide what books I want/need as I have most of my main interests covered fairly well.

Swinging is still near 4 months away! :( But I have plenty to do until then, so when it comes it comes.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will take me a while to decide what books I want/need as I have most of my main interests covered fairly well. Swinging is still near 4 months away! :( But I have plenty to do until then, so when it comes it comes.
If you have any good recommendations on buttons, buckles or coins please p.m. me if you would. I know of Alberts for buttons and Redbook and The Whitmans for colonial coinage but any others would be much appreciate. Have a great day

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Nice button! You must have been exceptionally good this year!

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
There is a funny story behind the button. My wife actually purchased the button a year ago. I had shown her the button online a few times and gave obvious hints. Then the button was no longer online. Jokingly, I said to her that I was getting a button for Christmas. She held the button for a full year to throw me off:tongue3: It worked!!!! The copper was also a gift from my wife after I picked it out.
The baseball sized crotal bell and early shoe buckle were all her. I must admit that I have a very AWSOME wife that actually listens to me and puts up with all my collecting.
A little later I will put up a pic of the bell and buckle.

VPR

OP
OP
VERMONTPACKRAT

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Both are great. We are a weird animal because most out there would prefer the coin or the button, but many detecting people have an appetite for both.

You are right! I have always collected coins, but before I started metal detecting, I would not have given a button a second look. My wife has poked some fun at me before and said that real men dont collect buttons:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread