gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment DSCN1068.JPG View attachment DSCN1069.JPG View attachment DSCN1070.JPG

Too cold for metal detecting here (at least for my older bones), but while walking across a shopping center parking lot I spied a glint of gold by a melting pile of plowed snow. Thought it would be junk but picked it up and though trashed it is 1.3 grams of 14K!! Forty some years ago my MD buddy and myself referred (and still do) to eyeball finds as "insult" finds because it was insulting that we'd hunt for hours with our detectors that cost a week's wages finding nothing and then find a nice "target" lying on the ground without the aid of our detectors.

They finally got the photo posting abilities back but I had to erase the old and re-upload to get them to show.
Happy Healthy New Year to everybody!!

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Dan

May 18, 2012
Yorktown Heights, NY
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My only "gold" find for the year was as earring in a restaurant parking lot. .9 grams 14k. Any gold find is a good find!

imagine doesnt load up for me

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Images arent working for some reason...i think its the sight today...Great find thou!...nothign beats then some surface Gold

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wonderful this year I eyeballed a calvery spur sticking out and now and then digging huts and dumpsites

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome TH'ing in what ever form you can !

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good to know its not just me having trouble with posting pics,hopefully it will be working soon and we can see that wonderful gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread