15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's dime box finds

Today I went to the bank and took out $250 in dimes,after searching them I noticed that 95% of the dimes in each roll were dated 2013. After I searched that box I went to another bank and exchanged that box for another one. In the first roll there was a silver (1950 p)!. Ten rolls later there was another one (1963 d)! Then when there were 4 rolls left to search, another silver popped up (1962 d in au/bu condition)! I can't believe that I found three silvers in my first two boxes of dimes.

Upvote 5

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent!! Might have to look into that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I went to the bank and took out $250 in dimes,after searching them I noticed that 95% of the dimes in each roll were dated 2013. After I searched that box I went to another bank and exchanged that box for another one. In the first roll there was a silver (1950 p)!. Ten rolls later there was another one (1963 d)! Then when there were 4 rolls left to search, another silver popped up (1962 d in au/bu condition)! I can't believe that I found three silvers in my first two boxes of dimes.

nice! But its a 1ot of work for $5

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your silver finds!
Guess I will have to check into coin roll hunting since the ground is frozen and they're talking "feet" of snow!

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a kid, I used to do the same thing with pennies. I would get there when the bank first opened, and get $20 (birthday money) worth of pennies. I would sit in the lobby, go through them and take out all the wheat pennies, and put nuw ones in to replace them, then take the rolls back up to one of the tellers and exchange them for 40 more rolls.

One day, I went up to a teller, and the teller told me "I was hoping you came in today, I've got something for you". She had save me $20 worth of wheat pennies! Boy, those were the days!

You should try the same thing with half dollars. Many people don't realize that the Kennedy Halfs minted in the later 60's had silver in them, so you stand a pretty good chance of finding some of them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread