4 inch long square nail

Kd5vfd

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my first finds. An approx 4 inch long square nail. I've had my detector for a few weeks and have been digging a LOT of trash, bottle caps, regular round nails, pieces of wire etc. I found a chunk of metal that appears to be a part for a car. Not sure what it is. This chunk caused my detector to go nuts! image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 3

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Just keep after it... The nail tells you that you are in an old area and should see the old coins as you get used to what the detector is telling you.

Welcome to Tnet as well

OP
OP
Kd5vfd

Kd5vfd

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I was getting lots of strange sounds. There was an old brick slab close by. Not sure if it was a house or barn. I plan on going back as soon as I can with lots more time...

Crawdigger

Mar 4, 2013
SE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I was getting lots of strange sounds. There was an old brick slab close by. Not sure if it was a house or barn. I plan on going back as soon as I can with lots more time...
I agree. I worked old homesites and when I got a better detector I went back and found lots more! It started with square nails because they are usually closer to the surface in my experiences. Get those out and the rest of the trash and then you'll dig the good stuff. Don't stop till ur detector quits making noise.
BTW, my best coin to date was located by detecting over an old brick walkway. Detect over it as well. HH

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start Mike. I found square nails like that in my back yard. Unfortunately, I only have a 8x10 section of dirt, the rest, concrete :BangHead: But square nails are a good sign in this game.

Welcome to Tnet

Happy Hunting
Mariposa Gold

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
CQ CQ KD5VFD de N4$$$ :icon_thumright:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the good stuff will be pop'n out shortly! HH!

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brick slab - there might be a cistern or privy under it - full of interesting things...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread