fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out yesterday and today with two of my hunting buddies. While I didn't find anything great I did get a couple interesting finds. Yesterday I found a brass piece that was bent in a "U" shape and full of mud. My buddy was looking at it today and told me it had writing on it so he dipped it in some water to get the gunk off of it. I was finally able to straighten it out so we could read what it said. Turns out it is a tag from the "NYE Odorless Incinerator Corp. Albany, Ga. Builders of Garbage Incinerators for Cities". It dates to the 1920s-30s. I also found a small round disc that has the word "Princess" on it with another illegible word beneath it. I don't know what it is. A couple buttons and a skeleton key were it for the day.
Today's finds include an 1890 Indian Head some parasol pieces and a couple cartridges. One is a UMC 38 s&w and the other is a 44 UMC s&w.

Attachments

• finds 001.jpg
    finds 001.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 128
  • finds 001.jpg
    finds 001.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 7

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Nice key! Hope you find out what the princess one is. HH!

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting finds fyrffytr1, it always amazes me what you pull out of the ground:icon_thumleft:!

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this little tidbit in Albany Herald, August 1929 article that states "The headquarters of the Nye Odorless Incinerator Corporation moved from Macon to Albany. The move brought about 20 new families to the city." ....Did you ever find out where in Albany it was located?

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this little tidbit in Albany Herald, August 1929 article that states "The headquarters of the Nye Odorless Incinerator Corporation moved from Macon to Albany. The move brought about 20 new families to the city." ....Did you ever find out where in Albany it was located?

Not yet. I plan on a trip to the library to check the city directory from the early 30s.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread