Stavanger
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Pro-Find 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to you all. :hello:

On the 1. of January I did an amazing find, :headbang:
A find most detectorists will never get.

I found an early viking age sword! As soon as i realized what it was i carefully put it back in the hole and covered it back up.
Then I called my "state Archeologist" and told him about my find. He was very thrilled.

Today he came to excavate my find. (Third of January)
(You see, In Norway, all finds dating from before 1537 is automaticly protected by law)
And as he dug we found a complete sword (broken in 5 pices), 1 battle-ax and a scythe.
Even thou the person that was buried there is dissolved and not to be found, It is still most definetly a grave.

After he had removed the Items I checked the grave with my detector and there was still two pices left.
But they will be staying in the ground untill the summer. Then it will be a bigger excavation, as it might be more than one grave there.

Hope you like what I show you, and tell me if you want more pictures. EDIT; Check out page 5 for a lot more pics from the excavation
sverd ctx.jpg øks.jpg sverd pakket.jpg øks og ljå.jpg øks2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 77

acepro

Mar 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow what a find, lets hope now that you gave it up they will do the correct thing with it! do you mind me asking what state your in?
happy hunting!

OP
OP
Bard Gauden

Bard Gauden

Nov 16, 2012
Stavanger
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, Minelab Pro-Find 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL The "unidentified object" turned out to be a windshield wiper for a tractor :laughing11: A bit disapointing, but very funny
dag3 18 Uidentifisert gjenstand.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions