1877 CC Seated Quarter! CW Relics! And more...

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been putting the NEL coil to the test last few days and it has exceeded in every possible way. I've revisited many "hunted out" spots and have dug lots that was missed by many brands of detectors. Yesterday I tried it on a super trashy old home site that I've visited with the stock coil and super sniper coil many many times and the NEL found tons more hiding in the iron. Including my first silver quarter! A 1877 Carson City Seated Quarter! It has some tarnish that won't seem to come off but is a true beauty regardless. I also dug a IH penny just a few feet away about 7 inches down which had about six big nails in the hole. I also dug my first coin cache, it's one of those rubber coin holders you squeeze. It had 4 1960's nickels in it. It's a shame no silver :) Wednesday I visited the "hunted out" spot and got a complete Spencer which was a surprise, it's my second from that field and my third total. A sharps, Gardner, Spencer, two burnside cases, a few Spencer cases/pieces, camp lead and small lead circle disc. Thanks for looking and HH!

Attachments

• image-4245725136.jpg
    image-4245725136.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 203
  • image-3077044129.jpg
    image-3077044129.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 180
  • image-1111369041.jpg
    image-1111369041.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 177
  • image-1211145309.jpg
    image-1211145309.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 168
  • image-3908891774.jpg
    image-3908891774.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 171
  • image-2284167493.jpg
    image-2284167493.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 160
  • image-4292479056.jpg
    image-4292479056.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 150
  • image-3079006120.jpg
    image-3079006120.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 126
Upvote 12

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that 1877C quarter. :thumbsup: I wonder what a Carson City minted coin was doing on the east coast? :dontknow: A lot of very nice recoveries. I love that complete Spencer bullet.
Great post,
MM

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it's paying off in spades. Good job!

Can you explain something though, what, exactly, does "NEL" mean? LOL

OP
OP
flyinryan2

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it's paying off in spades. Good job! Can you explain something though, what, exactly, does "NEL" mean? LOL

Neoteric electronics laboratory.

Jpro

Jun 23, 2013
Nashville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been putting the NEL coil to the test last few days and it has exceeded in every possible way. I've revisited many "hunted out" spots and have dug lots that was missed by many brands of detectors. Yesterday I tried it on a super trashy old home site that I've visited with the stock coil and super sniper coil many many times and the NEL found tons more hiding in the iron. Including my first silver quarter! A 1877 Carson City Seated Quarter! It has some tarnish that won't seem to come off but is a true beauty regardless. I also dug a IH penny just a few feet away about 7 inches down which had about six big nails in the hole. I also dug my first coin cache, it's one of those rubber coin holders you squeeze. It had 4 1960's nickels in it. It's a shame no silver :) Wednesday I visited the "hunted out" spot and got a complete Spencer which was a surprise, it's my second from that field and my third total. A sharps, Gardner, Spencer, two burnside cases, a few Spencer cases/pieces, camp lead and small lead circle disc. Thanks for looking and HH!

Great finds..love the relics.
Private message me about the NEL coil..are you using it withe the AT pro? If so, I may have to purchase one.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that CC coin is certainly a key date coin. I wouldn't do much to it for value sake.

Super nice finds

HH
MariposaGold

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Quarter , Digging those Complete Spencer's (Can be tricky, after being in the ground for so long)
Congratz
Davers

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Ryan you must be psyched! Any time you can open up all of your great old sites and feel confident that you will pull great stuff is exciting. That CC is awesome! Keep up the good work man. Go kill those old sites and show us the goods!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan what size nel coil did you go with? Just curious, I have a T2 SE with the standard 11" and 5". I've read about these coils and would love to get a little more feedback from you on this subject. If you're not too busy would you please on me on your decision to try one out and just exactly what your opinion is after use. Obviously you're happy with it but any specifics would be much appreciated. Thanks, Abe

OP
OP
flyinryan2

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ryan what size nel coil did you go with? Just curious, I have a T2 SE with the standard 11" and 5". I've read about these coils and would love to get a little more feedback from you on this subject. If you're not too busy would you please on me on your decision to try one out and just exactly what your opinion is after use. Obviously you're happy with it but any specifics would be much appreciated. Thanks, Abe

I wanted a bigger coil to try to get more depth and the NEL tornado was the only option. It's slightly heavier then the stock coil and wants to rotate on the shaft so I have to stop to relevel the coil on the ground every so often but that's the only down fall. It allows the ATPro to run at 100% sensitivity with out chatter where I couldn't do that with the stock coil. It goes 3"-4" deeper with great target separation. An awesome upgrade to a already great machine.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow congrats! now you have a bunch of new sights to hunt you thought you cleaned out.

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You had yourself one fine day in the field! Nothing like seated quarters, especially with the CC mint mark. I find my share of S and D mint marks, but cc's are rare on the east coast.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well you should get compensated by the coil company for this post! You have certainly made some people check into their product, I am sure! Great finds you've made. Is the last pic ( on the control box ) part of a spur?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanted a bigger coil to try to get more depth and the NEL tornado was the only option. It's slightly heavier then the stock coil and wants to rotate on the shaft so I have to stop to relevel the coil on the ground every so often but that's the only down fall. It allows the ATPro to run at 100% sensitivity with out chatter where I couldn't do that with the stock coil. It goes 3"-4" deeper with great target separation. An awesome upgrade to a already great machine.
Ryan, Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. It sounds like a great addition and one I will look into. That is an incredible depth gain. Should reopen every site out there!

Spaceport

Nov 17, 2013
Microwave some peroxide in a glass until it boils...usually 30 seconds to a minute depending on how much you use then drop the quarter in it....it will start to fizz...repeat this process several times....it may be a ton of times depending what is on it....but it will dissolve off and you should not have to rub or brush it...I usually dab it with a paper towel and look at it with a loop or magnifying glass between soaks to see the progress.....congrats on some great finds!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't coin hunt F2 cas you know but have always wanted to dig a CC. Nice relics too and I see a snaffle bit in one of the pics. WTG, Q.

OP
OP
flyinryan2

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't coin hunt F2 cas you know but have always wanted to dig a CC. Nice relics too and I see a snaffle bit in one of the pics. WTG, Q.
Thanks Quindy. It still moves which is surprising. Should clean up very nice.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread