TEDSFINDS

Jan 9, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpg

Made a great find today at 3 inches with the X-terra 305. So far it is my best find. Hope everyone else is taking advantage of this early cold digging, the dirt is soft here in ky.

Travis

Upvote 14

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is gorgeous! It is your find, but if it were mine, I wouldn't clean it one bit. I would leave it as is and put it in a nice display case. Wow... Just WOW! Your soil is more forgiving than the soil here in Shippensburg ;) Be thankful for that. Heck Jimmy Hoffa could have been buried here and the nasty soil would have taken care of the evidence quickly haha. Great find, and just think....Now you have to top this one :icon_thumright:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Nova appreciate the information sir.

Glad to help, I Know you was hoping it was Civil War period, but as I was reading your post, I was imaging the Excitement you must had been feeling when you first started seeing that Eagle on the front and than cleaning more for alittle more detail. It's amazing feeling saving our history that would had just lay there to decay or possibly be destroyed by other means. Keep the Passion high, because you never know what might be next under your coil.

mnixon

Apr 2, 2010
Austin TX
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum, AT pro
That is gorgeous! It is your find, but if it were mine, I wouldn't clean it one bit. I would leave it as is and put it in a nice display case. Wow... Just WOW! Your soil is more forgiving than the soil here in Shippensburg ;) Be thankful for that. Heck Jimmy Hoffa could have been buried here and the nasty soil would have taken care of the evidence quickly haha. Great find, and just think....Now you have to top this one :icon_thumright:

Jimmy Hoffa wishes he could come outta the ground looking that good !!! Very nice find !!!

OP
OP
T

TEDSFINDS

Jan 9, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha yes I was determined it was a civil war piece. But it will still go in a display case since it still has such great detail. And your right cant ever tell what your going to find, that's what keeps me going back!!

Travis

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's pretty cool I have to say. A blind hog finds an acorn every now and then lol.
You made me laugh, must have a few hogs around you. Around here we say "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again" ha lol

Great find!

OP
OP
T

TEDSFINDS

Jan 9, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol my girlfriend always gives me a hard time how I am with words I kinda make my own things up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread