-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds with the E-Trac.

If you could even call them worth posting, but other than this I got nothin' :P

Best stuff I've found with the E-Trac so far, so needless to say I'm a little disappointed. I was excited for a micro second when I found the ring but it deflated quickly when I realized it was junk. If anyone can give me an estimate on the age of the ring or the other things it would be appreciated. The other objects appear to be a toy calvary sword, and an old hair-pin. The indians are 1888 and 1904. I like finding the indian heads but I really need to find some silver with this damn thing, still waiting.

1390265374078.jpg 1390265242352.jpg 1390265141868.jpg 1390265408485.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are finding Indian Heads, then it is just a matter of time until the silver shows up. Good luck, and if you find too many Indian Heads for your liking, send them to me? :laughing7:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool finds, the E-Trac is a great machine, don't worry you'll find silver soon enough, be patient.

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are finding Indian Heads, then it is just a matter of time until the silver shows up. Good luck, and if you find too many Indian Heads for your liking, send them to me? :laughing7:

I'll send em your way 8-)

mihmar79

Dec 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Be patience and keep digg and silver will come.

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with these finds. Keep diggin.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! If you post pics of the makers mark inside the band maybe someone would know the age of the ring.

The silver will come along, you have to post pics of your happy dance when you find it!!!!

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your ring is from the 40s .. nice Indian... found a 1700 copper coin in bc woods today and a 1875 seated dime ...try your luck in there ..I bet there is some old ass silver in there ... try that thing out in the ball fields ... I know there's more out there... found a 1920 mirc yesterday in NP ... and a silver cufflink and a 1943 mirc in the ball field next to your house . dig up the iffy signals ..theres got to be more silver out of my MDs reach ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your ring is from the 40s .. nice Indian... found a 1700 copper coin in bc woods today and a 1875 seated dime ...try your luck in there ..I bet there is some old ass silver in there ... try that thing out in the ball fields ... I know there's more out there... found a 1920 mirc yesterday in NP ... and a silver cufflink and a 1943 mirc in the ball field next to your house . dig up the iffy signals ..theres got to be more silver out of my MDs reach ...

What's up man. Yea I've pretty much been digging everything because I still don't know this machine. One signal that I was sure was junk turned out to be the 1888 indian. So that kinda screwed me all up and I'm afraid not to dig targets, But still no silver. I've been trying all kinds of places and I'm finding out how hard it is to find a good spot, I just get handfuls of clad in places I was sure I'd find silver in. I'm getting bold now though, I'll walk right into just about anywhere and start swinging away, haven't been bothered yet.

Congrats on the arrowheads, glad he finally brought you to his spot. I went so far as to talk to the son of of a guy who went on digs with RA, and even he couldn't tell me where TPB was.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I think you are doing the right thing by digging everything , I feel it's one of the best ways of getting to know your unit and one of the best ways to succeed at detecting!
Keep up the good work. Silver will come your way , good luck with your sites!

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm, you sound disappointed. You have some excellent finds there, mate.

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm, you sound disappointed. You have some excellent finds there, mate.

I am a little disappointed yeah, there's nothing like seeing that shiny silver poking through the dirt... I just figured with the E-Trac I'd be pulling silver left and right but it's not like that at all.

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice coins by the way.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds. I think the 'hair clip' is actually a tie clip. if the sword thing was near it, they probably went together

OP
OP
-=METAL=-

-=METAL=-

Sep 13, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds. I think the 'hair clip' is actually a tie clip. if the sword thing was near it, they probably went together

Actually, they were right next to each other... What are they?

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is what makes you or breaks you in metal detecting is you got to just stay with it & the goodies will come. The etrac is a advanced machine something that will take time to learn so just remember the more you swing it the better & more you will find out about the detector. The etrac has got the name silver sucker & I'm sure you will find out why people call it that if you just hang in there with it :thumbsup: P.S Them Indians Are Sweet Congrats :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions