I love this hobby

O

Orien

I went out to the beach for a few minutes this morning and ended up with more than i was hoping for. found two rings one is a 14kt gold ring, bout 1.50 in clad, and a buffalo nickel. I am really excited about the nickel, I mean what is a nickel that old doing down on the beach? Three day on my first detector and i already have found four rings, and a coin that is like three times as old as me (not really sure how old, the date is worn off).

hh,
Chris

i will post pictures later tonight

Upvote 0

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
good deal and great finds... just remember, this hobby will lead to many others... lol

Chiz
8)

Insurgent Gopher Hunters Unite!!!

OP
OP
O

Orien

I got a Whites classic ID. I love it!

Chris

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow! A buff nickel? What kind of condition was that in? After awhile you'll get to know how much corrosion occurs over time with various coins, and that can be a good indication of how long it has been there. It almost sounds like someone might have dropped it recently, in which case it came out of current circulation, or maybe was carried as a good luck piece.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Well bwl if you can't find nothing but clad change, at least it keeps you in batteries and buys you lunch now and then!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121231_190339.png
    ForumRunner_20121231_190339.png
    347.3 KB · Views: 31
  • ForumRunner_20121029_124421.png
    ForumRunner_20121029_124421.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 26

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gotta keep lookin. All there is to it. Dig every target if you have to... sooner or later you'll be glad you did.

Say, Orien, wherabouts in Oregon are you? I may be up there for Thanksgiving! Not to horn in on your area, but, well, you know, I -just- might bring my detector!

OP
OP
O

Orien

Labrat,

I live in Lincoln city. Out on the coast. Where abouts are you headed? I would love to meet up with a fellow md'er.

Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread