1.5 years, two detectorists - is anything left there?

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
That field was the first I detected in the area 1.5 years ago. After that I was there alone and together with the friend very often, so that every time I come there I think it is empty. It was not plowed already about 6 months so I did not expect from it today ß went out just to have a fun abd to get some fresh air.

Here are the finds after 2 hours, from the small part of the field , may be 30x30m.
I like this place mostly because it contains very different objects dated from 16 to 20th century, of course, most of the stuff is from the late 1800s and early 1900s, when army units stationed near and lots of rabbish came to the field.
The oldest today is that spectacle buckle, most probably dated 1550-1650. The lead button-like object below is of the same age probably, somebody told me that it is a detail of horse harness, but I am not sure yet.
Almost all other stuff is from before I WW.

2007-03-05.jpg

Bavarian button in good condition - relatively rare.

button_lion_mittel1.jpg

Many seals are lying in the fields but only few are with eagle.

seal4.jpg

Victim of the two world wars, usual injury is that head is missing :(

solder-2.jpg

The best of the day - bronse buckle, I am surprised that such a big thing was not found before.

buckle_01.jpg

Thanks for viewing and HH

Sand

Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic looking finds & great photos! Congrats & thanks for sharing.
-MM-

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds!

HH
-GC

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great presentation. Thanks for the great pictures. Looks like a great site. Where you using the ACE 250 when you found these items?

HH, and keep the coil to the soil, Ringfinder

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Sand, like that buckle! HH, Mike

OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
ringfinder said:
Where you using the ACE 250 when you found these items?

No_ that hunt was with Explorer II, and depth was about 35cm, critical for Ace 250.

D

dugupfinds

The Lead button 'thing' is a Hem weight for skirts, coats & curtains. They are still used today, but yours is probably Victorian (popular for stopping their long skirts from blowing up & showing an ankle).

OP
OP
Sand

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
dugfinds said:
The Lead button 'thing' is a Hem weight for skirts, coats & curtains. They are still used today, but yours is probably Victorian (popular for stopping their long skirts from blowing up & showing an ankle).

thanks for IDing, have several of them, now I can turn them out of category "unknown" :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread