Warm Weather And A Old Park. What Else Could You Ask For. Maybe Some Goodies.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Weather shot up again into the mid and high 30's over the weekend. So you know what that means. Yeah I was out. It wasn't that bad on Sat.

Day 2 me and my boy felt the cold. The winds were high and it made it alot colder. We managed to hang in there for a few hrs.

I've been studying a old park from aerial views. Although I haven't been the first person to hunt the park I do beleive I have the ability to still sniff out the old and deep coins missed by past hunters.

That is just what I did. I always like to test my detecting skills against the others. Well as you can see I can find a miss. It isn't easy but I know what to listen for and how to hunt the areas.

I know the spots they missed in the parks. I went out Sat by myself. It started out well. I was atop a bluff and picked up 2 wheats right away. I felt good about that.

Not that wheats are significant. But I knew if they were there others were there. I was right. About a half hr later I pulled a no date buffalo.

I continued to hunt and found a rosie a 1960. Almost right after that I got a signal in the 50's. I knew the sound was different than a screw cap.

I looked down on the surface and saw a old silver antique earing on the ground. I picked it up and saw a weird stone set in it. Looks like a cheap or fake opal. It's marked 925 on the back. I picked up a few more wheats and was happy with 7 old coins in 3 hrs.

Not a killer ratio. But I'm getting relics and clad inbetween also. Alot of area to hunt in this park. I'm gonna hit the whole entire park and clear out the last bits.

Sunday, came and my son wanted to go out. So we headed right back to the park. We worked a new section and came away with a few good finds.

There was a really nice old foundation in the woods. I got a wheat and a 1922 trolley token near the site. I need to go back and hit it better.

I was giving my son signals to dig right. I get a funny plus 44 signal up against a tree. I said Jake, dig this hole out. I moved about ten ft away to dig another signal.

All the sudden my 6 yr old son says Daddy I think I got a wheatie. I knew when he said he had a coin it was either a indian or something else. I was right.

Little kids have all the luck. I can dig tabs all day right. I'll give my boy one tab signal and he'll come back with a buckle,button, old relic or something cool everytime.

Can't wait to get him a unit. Think I'm gonna get him a ace 250 soon. I've had him hunting since he was 1 and a half. Kid can dig, trudge long distances and has killer vision for relics and coins.

We continued the hunt and found a 1910 v nickle and a 49 jefferson. We had 4 old coins and a bunch of clad and relics over 2 hrs. I said that's enough for today and we headed home.

Can't wait to try and get back out later this week to the old park. Looks like it's gonna give me some area to hunt for awhile. I love to have a location to hunt all the time. While I look for others inbetween.

Thanks for looking. Hope you all like the pics.

HH Jer

Attachments

• Old Park Gives It Up 002.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 002.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Old Park Gives It Up 007.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 007.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Old Park Gives It Up 006.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 006.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,092
  • Old Park Gives It Up 005.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 005.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Old Park Gives It Up 004.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 004.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • Old Park Gives It Up 003.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 003.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,062
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
Re: Warm Weather And A Old Park. What Else Could You Ask For Accept Goodies.

:o :o :o sweet time out !!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Here are some more pics

Attachments

• 4 more keepers today 004.jpg
    4 more keepers today 004.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,025
  • 4 more keepers today 003.jpg
    4 more keepers today 003.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 4 more keepers today 001.jpg
    4 more keepers today 001.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Old Park Gives It Up 009.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 009.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,061
  • Old Park Gives It Up 008.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 008.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,057
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Here are the rest

HH Jer

Attachments

• New Park Gives Old Finds 009.jpg
    New Park Gives Old Finds 009.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 995
  • New Park Gives Old Finds 006.jpg
    New Park Gives Old Finds 006.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 996
  • New Park Gives Old Finds 007.jpg
    New Park Gives Old Finds 007.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,013
  • New Park Gives Old Finds 001.jpg
    New Park Gives Old Finds 001.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,000

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Love spring! Nice finds hope you find many more. HH
Burdie

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Theres not a place that has been hunted that you dont produce at jer! Awesome job!! WTG!!

northeast hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2005
NEW HAMPSHIRE

Burdie said:
Love spring! Nice finds hope you find many more. HH
Burdie
Spring can i have some

Looks like you had fun :'(

Jer how did you get that buffalo so clean ?

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH

Good deal. That earing is sweet.

Saturday was the day to be out although it was windy here.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great that you and your son could get out and hunt. You two got some great keepers!

Congrats on your finds......

Nana :)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone.

Glad I got out when I did. Got cold as hell out again. Ground is still soft though.

Jimmy, It almost seems that if you hunt hard enough know area is really hunted out. With the right know how and equiptment it is possible to still get old coins in worked area's.

Taking a different aproach to a area is key for finding items. Spend enough time hunting those parks and you'll realize were the stuff likes to hide.

They always tend ti hit the obvious. They never get the edges run off's sides of roads....

It makes me feal good knowing that when I have no places to hunt really I always do. I just try to find sites that will give more old coins with less effort.

Northeast, I use a product called mothers mag aluminum polish safe for all metals. You can get it at walmart or any auto store. Give coin a good peroxide bath if needed first or relic.

Then rince let dry. Apply mothers to coin or relic and start to buff out the coin face down on a soft cloth. Repeat process until you are happy. It may take half hr to do one coin or relic. Maybe longer but the results are pretty nice.

Mirage, the earing was a pretty cool find. It was a surface find. Detector picked it up. I looked down and there it was. Freshly washed up from the heavy rains. I was hunting a run off. It was a neat find.

HH Jer

G

garbage digger

Re: Warm Weather And A Old Park. What Else Could You Ask For. Maybe Some Goodies

very cool. The silver earing looks like a pull tab how funny is that ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds Jer, thanks for the post! HH, Mike

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys,

No, None of the keys fit the lock that I know of. There must be 40 different keys on that one ring. Found 2 locks and a ton of keys.

Your right about the earing. Does look like a tab. Didn't realize that. First type of earing I have found like this.

HH Jer

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I agree Jer, Mothers mag polish works great. That park was far from hunted out wasn't it, lol. Looks like someone was doing some serious shooting out there at one time too. And the poor soul that lost all those keys must have been a sad puppy when they realized they were gone.

I'd get your son a detector soon, he's bound to double your treasures :-) Father like son hey.

fd3615

Jan 25, 2007
California - Solano County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Sunray X-1 Probe
Re: Warm Weather And A Old Park. What Else Could You Ask For. Maybe Some Goodies

its great your son has so much interest. My son is the same way.. he is 6 - loves old coins, loves history and the research... being interested in more then TV and videogames cant hurt...

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys.

I had the same idea charlene. Have him hunt then keep all his treasure lol I'm just kidding.

Unless he strikes a huge find I may have to take over. If your digging bullets it's a very good sign for more to come. Brass and old shotgun buts will hide good relics.

So I don't mind digging them up. I just like to dig metal. Anything but trash and I am happy.

I think my boy will turn out to be a great hunter. I taught my Dad brother friends and they all have done well. They look up to me though for every answer.

Getting the kids away from all the videos and t.v is the way to go. Get them out there for some exercise and time well spent together.

Take care all,

HH Jer

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warm weather ........Nice finds!!! There is Arctic cold weather here in the north east. Today here in Western NY .....-1 with a 20 to 25 Degree below zeros ...wind chills! So now that I'm addicted to Tea .......yea I said Tea !! Since my mishalf I have had this taste for it.......... It tastes good and keeps you warm, along with a few other things near a nice warm fire! Hmmmmm. But listen big guy .....You just keep finding those great finds and keep us here in the forum posted !!!! WTG Great job............HH

The Seeker

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

Nice finds. Looks like quite a few 7.62MM blank cartridge cases there. Somebody must have liked making noise.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread