🥇 BANNER 20 MUSKET BALLS..... 2 VERY AWESOME BUTTONS !!!!!!!! BEST YET!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out for a early hunt today.

Lotsa musket balls once again.

But the highlite of this hunt is my buttons !!!

Found the button with RP and CROWN on it early in my hunt ..but didn,t see anything on it until I got home and cleand it up...boy was i surprised.

Found the 75 button at the end of my hunt.... I have seen another one just like it on here somewhere but can,t find it.

I,m assuming they are from the 1700s... |?????????????

Any information on thes buttons would be appreciated.

2014-02-01 10.51.26.jpg 2014-02-01 10.51.51.jpg 2014-02-01 10.52.58.jpg 2014-02-01 10.54.03.jpg 2014-02-01 10.59.52.jpg

Upvote 38
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I do love the weight of my T2 SE. I'm told its the twin of your F75. One of your Nova Scotia buddies was telling me about the Cz -21. He certainly is high on it. I certainly have high respect for his opinion. Just have to convince the lady to buy it for me for my bday. She bought me the T2 last year. Hard to convince her that it's a sound investment but I'm working on it. :-) keep me in the loop buddy. Excited to hear your opinion after a month or so of hunts . Good luck

Yes...will do !!!

But ...keep in mind... I only been at this for 14 months.... so not so sure what my opinions on detecting and detectors are worth !!!

Still consider myself a newb..... and learning.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Ya ..that was before i got my CZ 21.... was using the F75 before which doesn,t work well in saltwater environment and teh Sandshark.

To get the F75 to work had to use the small coil which means not good covereage of the grounds. 50 targets was with the CZ...SO LOOKS GOOD .

Me personally, I would make adjustments and create custom programs for saltwater environments, the f75 is a high end unit and is programmable, I wouldn't necessarily change machines, I'd be more likely to use what I got and find the potential in it

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me personally, I would make adjustments and create custom programs for saltwater environments, the f75 is a high end unit and is programmable, I wouldn't necessarily change machines, I'd be more likely to use what I got and find the potential in it

Did a lot of trial n error with the F75,

With the big coil it is just untameable for me... even in discrim mode sense 40 etc...the salt drives it crazy...but if you wait til the tide has turned --its usable to a point in DISC 6 / 50 sense ....as the flats have had a chance to dry up some and drain.

Now switch to the 5 inch coil... DISC 6 / SENSE 60 ...on the ebb tide.... it is pretty good....but then your dealing with a small coil in a big area.

So yes ...play with it enough and you may find yourself a usuable detector.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes...will do !!! But ...keep in mind... I only been at this for 14 months.... so not so sure what my opinions on detecting and detectors are worth !!! Still consider myself a newb..... and learning.
I'm even more of a newb so don't sweat it buddy. And I'd rather listen to a successful short timer than an unproductive veteran. :-) So I'm all ears

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't believe I've missed this post in spite of the banner designation - sorry about that! As everyone else is saying, those are 2 gorgeous buttons and are in incredible condition. That was an outstanding hunt to recover both of those in a single outing, and I hope you can return to that site and pop out a few more. Good info provided by others on preserving them as well.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't believe I've missed this post in spite of the banner designation - sorry about that! As everyone else is saying, those are 2 gorgeous buttons and are in incredible condition. That was an outstanding hunt to recover both of those in a single outing, and I hope you can return to that site and pop out a few more. Good info provided by others on preserving them as well.

TY Bill

Have been back to that site a few times after....and no luck recovering more buttons... but picked up lotsa hits with the new CZ 21 that I know I passed the coil over a few times before...so there is still hope !!!

We got full tides of the month coming on now....will allow the shore to drain off good....so will return to that spot again and hopefully hit another button score.. .. probably never get another hunt as good again this year....but will definitely be trying !!!

armyboy20081230

Greenie
Aug 29, 2013
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good my hunt man! I'm fortunate enough to live on a civil war battleground and have access to relics from that time, but the rev war, man that's some cool stuff. Very important time in our history. Keep hunting that spot! I'm excited to see future posts from that spot

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ty Armyboy

GL in hunting adventures this spring.... sounds like you got a great spot to hunt...location is everything at this game...I,m slowly learning that.

Is very exciting digging up the old stuff....REV WAR period buttons are about my biggest thrill so far in detecting...had it in my head that digging coins was the best thing to do...have now changed my mind !!

JohnnyRebCSA

Oct 6, 2010
Tennessee, CSA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266X
Really glad for you and thank you for sharing with us your wonderful success. Congratulations! By the way, what depth are you finding most of your relics? Grassy areas? Rocky?

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really glad for you and thank you for sharing with us your wonderful success. Congratulations! By the way, what depth are you finding most of your relics? Grassy areas? Rocky?

Hi Johny..ty for looking.

I,m hunting on the saltwater beaches.... mostly rock / gravel and mud. Most rocks are 6 inch diameter and less with some big ones scattered around.

Pretty much everything is no deeper than 3 inches...has been rare to find anything 5 or 6 inches deep...in fact lotsa things are just picked up..no digging required.
Even had numerous musket balls just laying on the top of the sand and mud. Same with about 30% of the coins I,ve found on the shore.

Obviously depends on the make up of the shore you hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread